Holly Storrow and Rachel Swalin: Her Campus Branch Managers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

College can be overwhelming. Between clubs and organizations and classes and fun, sometimes it can seem a little suffocating. For Juniors Holly Storrow and Rachel Swalin, the balancing act of college has become second nature.

Holly and Rachel have been on staff with Her Campus Ohio University since it’s launch, winter quarter last year. They recently took on positions as Her Campus branch managers.

“A branch manager is the point of contact between the branch and the national organization,” Rachel said. “We keep in contact with the campus correspondents from our branches to make sure they are continually and consistently updating content for each section (Campus Cutie, News, etc.) on their website.”

Rachel and Holly will each be working with five schools across the country, supervising and helping with technical support when needed. The branch manager is essential to the smooth operation of a Her Campus branch.

They were both looking for leadership opportunities in a club that is important to them. Holly said that the she liked that writing for Her Campus has allowed her to write about fun topics, like fashion, and serious ones, like body image.

“Walking into Her Campus and being surrounded by people who just wanted to write for the sake of writing was really awesome,” Holly said. “It’s definitely just the relaxed and fun atmosphere of the entire publication that has hooked my interest from the very beginning.”  

“My goal after graduation is to write for magazines focused on women’s issues and interests,” Rachel said. “So working with Her Campus as a writer and now a branch manager is giving me a great start in that field.” 

Hillary Johns is a Senior at Ohio University majoring in magazine journalism in the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism, with a split specialization in French and sociology. She is beyond excited to be a part of the Her Campus Team! She can often be found with her nose stuck in a book, most likely Harry Potter, or writing her own adventures. Hillary has a deep love of travelling and her favorite place in the world in Boston, MA. She hopes to someday pursue a career in communications and journalism.