Fun Ways To Motivate Yourself To Get A Spring Break Bod

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Every year college students break down and get their New Year Resolutions in check, which always consist of cutting out junk food, limiting their alcohol calories and magically becoming gym rats.

We all know this doesn’t last for most. But this year will be different for myself. Instead of focusing only what needs to be cut out of my life to get that dream body, I focused on what to add into my life to accomplish the same goal.

1. Find friends doing the same thing

Having a few gal pals to go to the gym with or to tell you to order that vodka water instead of vodka sprite on your weekends out will get you a long way. Friends are there to motivate you to keep busy and stay focused, but they also make you realize you’re not alone.

The more friends you have in a group to say, “Let’s go to a workout class this afternoon,” or “You should grab some extra veggies,” will get a college girl a lot farther than you think.

(Photo courtesy of watchfit.com)

2. Buy fun workout clothes

Everyone loves an excuse to stock up on leggings, patterned exercise pants, cute tank tops and even cute sports bras! If you go to Victoria’s Secret or Dick’s Sporting Goods you’re more likely to want to go to the gym and show everyone your new getup.

3. Get some body motivation

Some may not believe body motivation works, but for the past week I have added this technique into my life. It might seem strange to some if you have some smoking hot girl with abs on your lock screen, but if it motivates you to work harder at the gym and eat healthier then go for it!

Many of my friends have used Nike ads, beach photos or even old photos of themselves from back in high school so they can see their ideal body every day. In my case, it actually brought some positivity as several friends thought this model on my phone was me, HA!

I will say, it did make me feel better knowing people think I’m ripped and fit.

4. Treat yo’ self

Don’t focus on the foods you shouldn’t eat, but instead appreciate that you get to eat Chipotle as a treat since it’s real food and is actually good for you. Never fully cut out sweets because if you’ve been eating your fruits and veggies you deserve a small piece of cake or a scoop of frozen yogurt.

(Photo courtesy of maxpixel.freegreatpicture.com)

5. Stay hydrated and take those vitamins

Remember to drink plenty of water and take all of your essential vitamins. Not only will this help you lose weight, tone muscle and clear up your skin but it will also make you feel better and give you more energy overall.

There are plenty of water apps for your phone. My personal favorite is one where you have to water your plants throughout the day after every cup of water. If you forget to drink water, you receive notifications that your plant is dehydrated or dying. It sounds silly, but it actually works.

(Photo courtesy of static.pexels.com)

6. Set reminders on your phone

Honestly, annoy yourself. Set an alarm to go off midday asking if you’ve made it to the gym. Let it continue to ring and go off every hour until you manually go in and stop it after your workout.

The hardest part of working towards that dream body is losing interest once progress is made or thinking you’re too busy. At the end of the day, it’s worth it to incorporate some healthy lifestyle traits because healthy additions to your life last longer than just cutting out sugars and fats.

Don’t give up on yourself and support your friends through the spring break body challenges. Make a goal and don’t stop until you exceed it. You got this.

Remember to hit up the gym and do your squats cause it’s for the booty.

Ohio University Class of 2018 Strategic Communications  Just a small town girl with big city dreams
Just a quirky fashion journalist trying to get it right!