The Female Orgasm: Sex Discussed Here

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.
Have you ever had one? If not, you definitely need to try it. Sex Discussed Here recently visited Ohio University, thanks to the Campus Involvement Center, LGBT program, Women’s Center, and Survivor Advocacy Program.
“I Love Female Orgasm” had OU students on the edge of their seats learning about the female orgasm. The g-spot, kegels, and more were discussed at Memorial Auditorium by Dorian Solot and her partner. 

Both males and females attended; the auditorium was filled. There was plenty of laughter, whether the jokes were intentional or not. A crowd favorite was “Why do females fake orgasm? Because males fake foreplay.” 

One important fact to be emphasized is that Solot and her partner shared information that related to everyone, regardless of his or her orientation (lesbian, transgender, heterosexual, gay, queer, asexual, and others). 

Even professors and staff were impressed at how professional the program was, considering the subject of the female orgasm. 

Some fun facts from the “Sex Discussed Here” website:
● 44% of men with female partners say their partners always have orgasms when they have sex. 22% of women say they always have orgasms when they have sex with a man.
● Half of girls have had an orgasm by the time they are 16 years old.
● About 1% of women are able to achieve orgasm solely through breast stimulation.
● 63% of college women say they have had multiple orgasms.
● The G-spot is named after Dr. Ernst Grafenberg, the first modern doctor to write about it.

So, half as many women have orgasms when they have sex as men. Obviously the world needs to be educated on the female orgasm so we can change that. The book from “I Love Female Orgasm” definitely helps, and it has a lot more information about female orgasms than the program could fit in an hour and a half.
Meredith is a junior at Ohio University and Campus Coorespondent for Her Campus Ohio U. She is majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Marketing. Her hobbies include dreaming about traveling, drinking unhealthy amounts of coffee, and driving her pink car. You can follow her on Twitter (@Mere_Broadwater) and Instagram (@meredithbroad).