Dressing For Fall Weather In Ohio

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Welcome to autumn weather in Ohio where it is 75 degrees one day than 50 degrees the next. It is hard to gage what outfit to wear because as the day goes on, the temperature changes so much. Here are some tips on how to stay fashionable and comfortable at the same time. Your best friends when it comes to fall are layers, layers and more layers!

The first tip is go buy a jean jacket that is a little bit big on you. Jean jackets are perfect for fall because they can keep you warm enough in the chilled mornings but also they are light enough for when it warms up later in the day. As fall goes on and the temperature drops, you can add more layers underneath the jean jacket– like a cute hoodie.

(Author in jean jacket; photo courtesy of Casey Funtal)

The next essential item is a light scarf. We all own those nice thick scarves that save our necks from freezing off on our walks to class in the winter. It can be difficult with the unseasonably warm weather to make sure that an outfit does not look too summerlike. A light scarf is perfect for accentuating a cute short sleeve top. 

(Author in scarf; photo courtesy of Casey Funtal)

Another important article of clothing to have this fall is a light flannel. They are perfect to leave unbuttoned over a body suit or a tank top. Thankfully the 90s fashion is coming back, meaning it is cute to take the flannel off and tie it around your waist if it gets too warm walking to class.  As it gets colder, you will be happy to have purchased one to wear under sweaters or a vest.

(Photo courtesy of Casey Funtal)

The hardest part of fall fashion with this crazy weather is trying to choose the right pants or shorts to go with an outfit. At this point in early November, shorts should probably just be worn when going to the gym. Surprisingly enough, cropped jeans are coming back in style. At first I was skeptical until I saw American Eagles models pulling the look off.

(Photo courtesy of ae.com)

A bonus tip for this fall is that you can mix and match the jean jacket, flannel and scarf to create an outfit on their own as the temperatures begin to drop.

(Photo courtesy of Casey Funtal)

Just remember that layers are your best friend this season. They will help keep you comfortable and fashionable.

Just a quirky fashion journalist trying to get it right!