This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

GET EXCITED! IT’S HOUMECOMING WEEK! Take advantage of your green and white pride with some themed desserts. Here are some fun and easy recipes to try if you’re celebrating with friends, but stuck with the lack of kitchen appliances in a dorm.

The first recipe is the classic Jell-O. All you need to do is boil some water. There are two ways to do this without a stove. The first is to take a mug of water and microwave it. Be careful because the mug can get very hot. Also be sure to check to see if it’s microwave safe. The second is only possible with a Keurig. Follow normal coffee-brewing procedures, but do not use the K-cup. Be prepared for the possibility of extra coffee grounds from your last cup making an appearance. Add the water and stir. Nothing beats the classic Jell-O with whipped cream dessert.

The next recipe is a bit more difficult, but the end result is 100% worth it. Get out that coffee mug again. All you will need is plastic wrap, whipped cream, peanut butter, cream cheese, pretzels or vanilla wafers, and sprinkles. Add ½ of one stick of cream cheese and ¼ of a jar of smooth peanut butter. Then, add two spoonfuls of whipped cream. Mix together thoroughly. Take out the contents on a flat surface in the plastic wrap and repeat the first steps. Use the plastic wrap and fold into the football shape. Put the football shape in the refrigerator for a few hours. Take the remaining whipped cream and put it into a sandwich bag and transfer it to the refrigerator. After a couple of hours, add the sprinkles and make a small cut in the sandwich bag. Drizzle the cool whip on the football so that it looks like laces. Enjoy!

Lastly, this recipe is great for a healthy alternative that still tastes amazing and represents OU and its colors. Buy some green apples and cut them into pieces. You can even try to cut them out in the shape of O-H-I-O (but it’s very hard and time consuming). Finish your treat with a caramel drizzle on top.

And voila, easy dorm recipes for hOUcoming! Share your favorite OU-themed recipes with us @hercampusohiou!

Ohio University Contributor Account