This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Whether it’s filling up water bottles with juice from the dining halls, loading up your chipotle bag with handfuls of plastic silverware, or coming to a halt whenever something free is being offered, college students are always looking to save. With HallOUween right around the corner, it’s time to figure out what to dress up as and how to do it on a budget. The perfect solution could be closer than one may think.

Taking ten minutes to go through drawers and closets could lead to the discovery of that perfect Halloween costume. It’s easy to put together tops and bottoms, or a dress and accessories to transform into something new. Borrowing from a friend, going to goodwill, shopping at a thrift store, or using your own clothes are all mindful ways to dress up for Halloween. Need ideas for a costume? Want to know how NOT to throw all your money away on a costume? Did you just realize that you have less than a week to put together a costume? No worries! Read the list below for ideas and solutions!

1. Flapper

Find an old fashioned dress, either from mom, goodwill, or an old costume in your closet. Add on some gloves, a headband, and lots of jewelry.

2. Pebbles

Take a green T-shirt and cut the sleeves so that it’s made into a tank top. Cut the bottom so that it is frayed or cut into triangle pieces. Then glue on some black triangles made out of felt or construction paper. Finish it off with a pair of blue leggings or shorts and a white bow for your hair.

3. Lucy from Charlie Brown

Put on that little blue dress hanging up in your closet and add white socks, black shoes, and a black bow. Borrow a football from one of your friends if you have to as an extra accessory.

4. Wednesday Addams

Most likely there will be a black dress sitting in that closet. Put on the dress, black tights and black shoes. Part your hair down the middle and put it in two braids.

5. Kim Possible

Pair a simple, plain, black long-sleeve top with dark green pants. Then add a brown belt and black gloves and shoes.

6. Judy Jetson

Pink, pink, and more pink! Put together a pink top with a pink skirt that will go over pink leggings. Tie up your hair in a ponytail and touch it off with a black bow. Then put on some black flats.

7. Piglet

Take any pink striped dress or shirt and pair it with pink leggings/pants. Ears can be found at the store for a low price. Use your own makeup for the facial features and nose.

Is your HallOUween costume a DIY? Send us your pictures at @hercampusohiou on Twitter and hercampusohiou@gmail.com to be featured as our Snapshot!