This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

You made it! It’s your senior year of high school and I couldn’t be any prouder of you. You’ve beat the odds and have successfully joined almost every club imaginable, somehow kept a job AND a 4.5 GPA and play two varsity sports. Not only that, but you have a handful of friends, a fantastic boyfriend and you are on homecoming court. What more could I wish for in a sister?

I’ll tell you this: none of that really matters to me.

What matters to me is who you are as a person, which is not only my little sister but as my best friend.

You continue to amaze me every day. Your maturity is absolutely unreal. College is approaching and I have no doubt that you are more than prepared. No matter what university you choose, I know you will make the right choice. I know it’s a little difficult right now since it is almost the middle of the school year but don’t worry. You still have some time and you know how to make the best decision for yourself and I don’t doubt that you will.

Here’s what you need to know– go in open minded! Don’t close yourself off to new beginnings; I already have a good feeling you’ll become involved right away and you should! Don’t overload yourself, though–don’t join so many clubs that your grades suffer. I know that your grades are fantastic now, but it’s only a matter of time before you’re in college classes and everything changes.

Along with the school, there is the party aspect. That part is definitely going to be your favorite. I wish I could only go back to freshman year and relive it all over again! There’s that certain sense of freedom you will feel right when you get to college and that’s the excitement you’re going to be able to celebrate every weekend with your friends.

One more thing: don’t forget to be responsible. Keep up with your health! TRY to eat healthy, go to the gym after a hard day of classes and most importantly, don’t lose touch with your family and friends back at home! Yes, have so much fun at school and make so many new friends and branch out, but always keep in mind who got you there.

Having a sister like you is the biggest blessing in the world and I wouldn’t trade that for anything! I can’t wait to see all of the amazing things to do and I can’t wait to be right by your side during it all.

(Photo courtesy of Meghan O’Dea) 

Just a quirky fashion journalist trying to get it right!