Cody Zumbro: Campus Cursive

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Cody Zumbro, sophomore integrated media major from Malta, Ohio, is giving his heart to everyone that needs it through letters. He started Campus Cursive at Ohio University, and it’s probably one of the best things that’s ever happened at OU.

Campus Cursive is a college branch of the global organization More Love Letters, which was founded by Hannah Brencher. Campus Cursive gives love letters to those who need encouragement, who need uplifting, or to anyone who is going through a difficult time.

“We will be leaving anonymous uplifting, encouraging notes to strangers to find on their daily commute to class, or to the coffee shop, or to dinner, or wherever they’re going for the day,” Zumbro said.

When asked how he heard of More Love Letters, Zumbro said, “I was up late until about 2 a.m. watching TED talk videos toward the end of my freshman year, when I stumbled upon Hannah Brencher’s TED talk. I went to the website, trying to figure out how I can get involved with it, and I realized there are college campus versions of More Love Letters, called Campus Cursive. I found out OU didn’t have one. I thought to myself: Why don’t we? Then I thought, I could do this. It’s positive, it’s uplifting, it’s something that definitely needs brought to campus.”

One of the main reasons he wanted to bring Campus Cursive to OU is “because of all the negative stuff that goes on, on campus. From suicides, to depression, to sexual assault; things happen that shouldn’t happen on this campus, and that’s why I wanted to bring it here.”

To get involved, email cz139912@ohio.edu and follow them on Twitter at @OU_MLL.

Watch the TED Talk for More Love Letters here.

Meredith is a junior at Ohio University and Campus Coorespondent for Her Campus Ohio U. She is majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Marketing. Her hobbies include dreaming about traveling, drinking unhealthy amounts of coffee, and driving her pink car. You can follow her on Twitter (@Mere_Broadwater) and Instagram (@meredithbroad).