Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Ohio U Celebrities

Andrew Kroeze: HBO Rep

By Meredith Broadwater
October 19, 2014 - 12:08pm

Meet Andrew, one of two Ohio University HBO representatives! I got to talk to him to see what he does and how he got involved. Read what he had to say about it, and look for their table in Baker! What's your major? “I am a Psychology major with a Business minor.” What else are you involved with on campus? “I'm also the president of two campus organizations, the Interfraternity Council and Order of Omega, active member of the PSI CHI honors society, a proud member of the Alpha Epsilon Pi Fraternity, and an RA in O'Bleness House.” READ MORE

Abby Alletto: Alum

By BrooklynnKramer
October 13, 2014 - 1:51pm

What degree did you receive when you graduated last spring? Early Childhood Education Where are you now?  I moved to the Cleveland suburbs close to where I grew up. I am living an apartment with a fellow OU alum and working as a kindergarten teacher! What were you involved in while at OU? I was very involved in Greek Life at Ohio University. I was a member of Delta Zeta and spent a year as the Vice President of Programming for the Women's Panhellenic Association. READ MORE

Summer Schmier: Published Author

By Emily Daffron
October 10, 2014 - 4:23pm

Photo by Wendi Winters, Capital Gazette What are the biggest accomplishments of your average college student? Maybe it was getting into your dream school. Maybe you lead your high school soccer team to a state championship. Maybe it was finally being able to afford buying a new car. Freshman journalism student Summer Schmier published her book this year titled "Lilah Keeper and the Deceiver’s Heir." READ MORE

Stacy Nadeau: Dove Real Beauty

By Emma Schoonmaker
October 4, 2014 - 5:52pm

Stacy Nadeau recently spoke at Ohio University on Oct. 2 in Baker Ballroom as part of Love Yourself Week.    We have all seen the ads in magazines and on billboards for Dove’s Real Beauty Campaign, started in 2004. The advertisements feature unretouched and awe-inspiring models of all sizes that are completely comfortable in their own skin.    Who, you may wonder, are these incredible women? One of the shining faces is that of Stacy Nadeau.  READ MORE

Morgan Spradlin

By Carly Maurer
September 27, 2014 - 5:16pm

There is a new club on campus! The Pin It club, led by Pinterest enthusiast Morgan Spradlin, a junior psychology major. Spradlin created the club as a Pinterest appreciation group with the idea of gathering with other bobcat pinners and partaking in Pinterest related activities such as DIY crafting, cooking or just appreciating the wonders of Pinterest! The Pin It Club is not an academic or sports organization, and is a great chance for students to de-stress and tap in to their creative side. Spradlin hopes to show people that do-it-yourself is possible and allow others to rejoice in the in all things Pinterest! READ MORE

Bobcat Crowned Queen

By Taylor Stano
September 16, 2014 - 9:29am

While most students took advantage of the extra time off from classes during this year’s Labor Day weekend, Ohio University sophomore Kirbyshae Smith traveled to Columbus, Ohio and took the title as Miss American Coed Ohio in beauty pageant. The pageant held at North Crowne Plaza allowed girls between the ages of 13-22 to participate. Smith participated in the coed division, which was specifically for 19-22-year-old women. READ MORE

Bob Benz Taking on the Impossible: Teaching Scripps Kids

By Emily Daffron
September 13, 2014 - 6:54pm

Bob Benz, Scripps Howard Visiting Professional, is taking the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism by storm. With his magazine feature writing class, Benz is incorporating his writing, editing, and media talents into something he’s never done: teaching Scripps kids.   Born in a suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Benz slowly turned into a moving-junkie thanks in part to his wife, Lara. He has lived in Pittsburgh, Birmingham, Albuquerque, Denver, Knoxville, Washington, D.C., and now good ol’ Athens.   READ MORE

Cody Zumbro: Campus Cursive

By Meredith Broadwater
September 6, 2014 - 12:45pm

Cody Zumbro, sophomore integrated media major from Malta, Ohio, is giving his heart to everyone that needs it through letters. He started Campus Cursive at Ohio University, and it’s probably one of the best things that’s ever happened at OU. READ MORE

The Bros of SMO

By Emily McIntyre
April 29, 2014 - 8:43pm

Joe Brenckle A Music Education major with a minor in Communication Studies and President of SMO, Joe Brenckle is no stranger to the choral scene at OU. Along with SMO, he is a member of OU’s top SATB ensemble, University Singers, and Secton 8, an acapella group formed out of the Singing Men. Brenckle became a part of the Singing Men during his first quarter here, in 2010, because a family friend was an alum of the group and told him he had to do it… and so the journey began. READ MORE

AC's #1 Fangirls!

By Carly Maurer
April 26, 2014 - 6:38pm

We asked fangirls at Aaron's Party why they are his biggest fan! Check out what they had to say and a few memorable moments from the concert! READ MORE