Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Ohio U Celebrities

Morgan Spradlin

By Carly Maurer
September 27, 2014 - 5:16pm

There is a new club on campus! The Pin It club, led by Pinterest enthusiast Morgan Spradlin, a junior psychology major. Spradlin created the club as a Pinterest appreciation group with the idea of gathering with other bobcat pinners and partaking in Pinterest related activities such as DIY crafting, cooking or just appreciating the wonders of Pinterest! The Pin It Club is not an academic or sports organization, and is a great chance for students to de-stress and tap in to their creative side. Spradlin hopes to show people that do-it-yourself is possible and allow others to rejoice in the in all things Pinterest! READ MORE

Bobcat Crowned Queen

By Taylor Stano
September 16, 2014 - 9:29am

While most students took advantage of the extra time off from classes during this year’s Labor Day weekend, Ohio University sophomore Kirbyshae Smith traveled to Columbus, Ohio and took the title as Miss American Coed Ohio in beauty pageant. The pageant held at North Crowne Plaza allowed girls between the ages of 13-22 to participate. Smith participated in the coed division, which was specifically for 19-22-year-old women. READ MORE

Bob Benz Taking on the Impossible: Teaching Scripps Kids

By Emily Daffron
September 13, 2014 - 6:54pm

Bob Benz, Scripps Howard Visiting Professional, is taking the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism by storm. With his magazine feature writing class, Benz is incorporating his writing, editing, and media talents into something he’s never done: teaching Scripps kids.   Born in a suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Benz slowly turned into a moving-junkie thanks in part to his wife, Lara. He has lived in Pittsburgh, Birmingham, Albuquerque, Denver, Knoxville, Washington, D.C., and now good ol’ Athens.   READ MORE

Cody Zumbro: Campus Cursive

By Meredith Broadwater
September 6, 2014 - 12:45pm

Cody Zumbro, sophomore integrated media major from Malta, Ohio, is giving his heart to everyone that needs it through letters. He started Campus Cursive at Ohio University, and it’s probably one of the best things that’s ever happened at OU. READ MORE

The Bros of SMO

By Emily_McIntyre
April 29, 2014 - 8:43pm

Joe Brenckle A Music Education major with a minor in Communication Studies and President of SMO, Joe Brenckle is no stranger to the choral scene at OU. Along with SMO, he is a member of OU’s top SATB ensemble, University Singers, and Secton 8, an acapella group formed out of the Singing Men. Brenckle became a part of the Singing Men during his first quarter here, in 2010, because a family friend was an alum of the group and told him he had to do it… and so the journey began. READ MORE

AC's #1 Fangirls!

By Carly Maurer
April 26, 2014 - 6:38pm

We asked fangirls at Aaron's Party why they are his biggest fan! Check out what they had to say and a few memorable moments from the concert! READ MORE

Captain Kidd

By Emily Daffron
April 17, 2014 - 5:49pm

Captain Kidd, who calls Columbus home, have been traveling around Ohio and the Midwest playing festivals like Brite Winter Fest in Cleveland, club shows in Chicago and opening shows for Afroman. The Indie pop/dance-alternative band began from the ashes of vocalist and guitar player Nathan, guitar player Eric and bass player Andrew’s last project, adding Nick on the drums and vocals, Stew on synth and vocals and Pat on synth. The boys are from the Cleveland/Canton area with Pat from Boston. READ MORE

Tirey Burch and Spencer Sapp

By Emily_McIntyre
April 3, 2014 - 8:41pm

#25 TIREY BURCH READ MORE

Cidnye Weimer

By Emily Barber
March 27, 2014 - 11:45pm

Congratulations to Cidnye Weimer, who was elected as president of the Ohio University Chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) for the 2014-2015 academic year. Acting as president for an organization like PRSSA means Cidnye is a great leader, knows how to work with people, and is an excellent choice for our Campus Celeb! Name: Cidnye Weimer Year: Junior Major: Journalism - Strategic Communication Track Business Administration Minor Global Leadership Certificate   Campus Involvement: Current VP of Social Media for PRSSA and President elect for next year President of Alpha Gamma Delta Student Alumni Board READ MORE

Patrick DiDonato: Cancer Research Fundraiser

By Meredith Broadwater
March 20, 2014 - 12:20am

Patrick DiDonato, Environmental Health Science major, recently started a fundraiser for breast cancer research. After seeing an ad for a T-shirt fundraiser, he’s designed the T-shirt (pictured below), which can be bought here. All funds are going directly to the American Cancer Society. Patrick said, “You don't actually have to buy a shirt to contribute, I have added an option to donate to the website which will also be added to the funds raised.” The fundraiser ends on March 31, and shirts will be delivered by April 14, so spread the word about this amazing opportunity to make a difference! READ MORE