Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Ohio U Celebrities

Captain Kidd

By Emily Daffron
April 17, 2014 - 5:49pm

Captain Kidd, who calls Columbus home, have been traveling around Ohio and the Midwest playing festivals like Brite Winter Fest in Cleveland, club shows in Chicago and opening shows for Afroman. The Indie pop/dance-alternative band began from the ashes of vocalist and guitar player Nathan, guitar player Eric and bass player Andrew’s last project, adding Nick on the drums and vocals, Stew on synth and vocals and Pat on synth. The boys are from the Cleveland/Canton area with Pat from Boston. READ MORE

Tirey Burch and Spencer Sapp

By Emily_McIntyre
April 3, 2014 - 8:41pm

#25 TIREY BURCH READ MORE

Cidnye Weimer

By Emily Barber
March 27, 2014 - 11:45pm

Congratulations to Cidnye Weimer, who was elected as president of the Ohio University Chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) for the 2014-2015 academic year. Acting as president for an organization like PRSSA means Cidnye is a great leader, knows how to work with people, and is an excellent choice for our Campus Celeb! Name: Cidnye Weimer Year: Junior Major: Journalism - Strategic Communication Track Business Administration Minor Global Leadership Certificate   Campus Involvement: Current VP of Social Media for PRSSA and President elect for next year President of Alpha Gamma Delta Student Alumni Board READ MORE

Patrick DiDonato: Cancer Research Fundraiser

By Meredith Broadwater
March 20, 2014 - 12:20am

Patrick DiDonato, Environmental Health Science major, recently started a fundraiser for breast cancer research. After seeing an ad for a T-shirt fundraiser, he’s designed the T-shirt (pictured below), which can be bought here. All funds are going directly to the American Cancer Society. Patrick said, “You don't actually have to buy a shirt to contribute, I have added an option to donate to the website which will also be added to the funds raised.” The fundraiser ends on March 31, and shirts will be delivered by April 14, so spread the word about this amazing opportunity to make a difference! READ MORE

@OUScanner

By Meredith Broadwater
March 10, 2014 - 10:09pm

The famous @OUScanner is run by Robinson, a senior video production major.  Why did you decide to start @OUScanner? READ MORE

Melody Anthony

By Meredith Broadwater
February 28, 2014 - 11:23pm

This week @HerCampusOhioU reached 700 followers on Twitter! As a thanks to our followers, this week’s celeb is our 700th follower Melody Anthony, Ohio University sophomore from Baltimore, Ohio. Melody is involved in UPC on campus, and majoring in Retail Fashion Product Development. In Melody's free time, she enjoys drag racing at tracks all around Ohio with her mom and dad, and working at Buffalo Wild Wings uptown. Melody was one of the top eight nominees for Mrs. 11 Fest last year. Her Twitter handle is @Melody_Ann94, go follow her! READ MORE

Future Mr. and Mrs. Willis

By Carly Maurer
February 16, 2014 - 11:09pm

For Chelsea Anderson and Seth Willis, the halftime show at the Ohio vs. Toledo men's basketball game was a moment they will share for a lifetime.   READ MORE

Paul Jacoway

By Taylor Stano
February 1, 2014 - 8:06pm

This week’s campus celebrity is not your typical undergraduate Ohio University student. However, he is a graduate student and professor here in Athens. His name is Dr. Paul Jacoway. In 2010, Jacoway won an Emmy for his documentary titled Final Edition: Journalism According to Jack and Jim Knight, which he wrote, directed and produced. The film is a story of two brothers who founded a newspaper company called Knight-Ridder Newspapers Inc. in Akron, Ohio, which is Jacoway’s native city. Inspirations for the film’s title came from a basic metaphor regarding the concept of how there were multiple newspapers issued throughout the prime days of newspapers. READ MORE

Meet OUr Two New Editors-In-Chief

By Taylor Stano
January 26, 2014 - 10:57pm

Her Campus OhioU would like to introduce Carly Maurer and Meredith Broadwater as the new editor-in-chiefs! These lovely ladies work hard running this publication and deserve to be recognized as this week’s campus celebrities!   What is your major? CM: Broadcast Journalism and Integrated Media. MB: Strategic Communication.   How long have you been involved with HCOU? CM: This is my second year. MB: This is my first year, but second semester!   READ MORE

HCOU Staff- Fall '13

By Lauren Koketko
December 14, 2013 - 11:36pm

To end our Fall semester, HCOU would like to recognize the staff we had working hard to provide readers with interesting content as our celebrities! We had a great staff this fall!   Editors-In-Chief: Jourdyn Heilinger READ MORE