Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Ohio U Blog

Surviving Finals

By Meredith Broadwater
May 15, 2014 - 1:47pm

Surviving finals week for anyone involves non-stop eating, stressing, mental breakdowns, etc. Thankfully, nationals sent us a little something to get us through the week without hurting our diets. Here’s what was in them:   1. BOGO from Chipotle These were probably the best thing to happen to our chapter. With Chipotle right on Court Street, these definitely came in handy when we wanted to treat ourselves for studying for five hours at the library. 2. Mini Luna Bars READ MORE

The Stages of Finals

By Emily Daffron
April 28, 2014 - 12:08pm

At the beginning of the semester we’re all: Then we remember that finals exist and they’re actually in two weeks. We tell ourselves that we’re going to start studying NOW and get all A’s! Which suddenly turns into: Then someone reminds us finals are Monday. READ MORE

The Struggle to Stay Healthy in College

By Kirby Smith
April 19, 2014 - 9:14pm

What it’s like trying to stay healthy in college   1. Before you begin college, you tell yourself you won’t be a part of the freshman 15 2. But then you see all the all-you-can-eat options at the dining hall 3. And the $5 pizza you can order at 2 am 4. And the endless amount of cheap beer READ MORE

Stop, In the Name of Coffee

By Michelle Jacobson
April 8, 2014 - 9:13am

Suddenly once students begin college they feel as though they have aged as they struggle to stay awake and feel energized throughout the day. They turn to caffeine, their suddenly new best friend in college, to serve as an extra boost they need to get through the day. However, before reaching for that grande caramel frappuccino or iced coffee, think about the ingredients that are about to enter into your body. READ MORE

A Guide to Understanding Baseball

By BrooklynnKramer
April 3, 2014 - 9:03pm

“Take me out to the ball game! Take me out to the crowd!” But what comes next? After getting your peanuts and cracker jacks, you’re most likely to take a seat in the stands, but do you know on which side you’re sitting? The batter didn’t hit the ball, why is he jogging to first base? Is that a home run or a grand slam? Why can the infielders tag the bag and get an out sometimes, but other times they have to tag the person?   The rules of baseball can be confusing, but I’m here to help get you in the game!   READ MORE

Baseball Butts: The Holy Grail

By Taylor Stano
March 31, 2014 - 12:00pm

Dear Baseball Boys, It’s that time of year again where we, as women, cheer you all on when you play America’s favorite pastime. We defend you when an umpire makes a terrible call. We obnoxiously scream in excitement when you hit the baseball right out of the park or when you strike the opponent’s best hitter out. We are all there for you, boys, and we encourage you to keep doing what you’re doing best. To return the favor of supporting you through every game and every practice, you must support our obsession with your glorious butts in your best pair of baseball pants. It’s been a long and cold winter. We have been waiting for opening day for too long. Please work extra hard to keep your glutes in shape for us and we will truly thank you....

Beauty that Won’t Break the Bank

By Emily_McIntyre
March 29, 2014 - 2:00pm

No more static! Yes, all collegiettes can relate to that dreaded time of year when the air is stripped of moisture, and can turn any good hair day into a bad one. Taking off your jacket, shirt, or sweatshirt becomes a hassle when flyaways float all around your head for everyone to see afterwards. Chances are you don’t carry styling wax or smoothing putty around with you, but lotion will do the trick! Rub a dime size dollop between your hands, smooth it over the surface of your hair, and you’re good to go.   P.S. Combat static on your clothes by running a dryer sheet over them.   Smoother skin  READ MORE

Drunken Delicacies

By Rachel Cassidy
March 29, 2014 - 10:54am

As everyone in Athens knows, OU students know how to party. Whether you hit up the bars or are raging at a house party, you can undoubtedly find a way to get intoxicated. Afterwards, there is only one thing to do; get some food. While you could make some mac and cheese or a hot pocket at home, most people prefer to go uptown; where the eateries beckon to our drunken souls and have us emptying our wallets and stuffing our faces. Here are some of the best places to get your drunk eating on!   O’Betty’s:  READ MORE

Dapsity: Swipe Your Way to a Killer Internship

By Emily Barber
March 25, 2014 - 4:56pm

Finding the perfect internship or job can now be just as easy as finding cute guys. Dapsity is an app that allows you to search hundreds of open positions based on your Facebook and LinkedIn contacts. Users can privately link profiles to their Dapsity accounts and see companies that are hiring in places the users already have contacts. This app is similar to “Tinder” in that the user swipes left and right to indicate interests. Instead of matching with cuties in your area, however, you’ll get awesome job and internship opportunities (which may be a lot more rewarding than a message from a creepy dude). READ MORE

Saving For Summer the Bobcat Way

By BrooklynnKramer
March 25, 2014 - 4:35pm

Do you find yourself daydreaming about warm weather and sunny skies? Do you picture yourself on a towel in the sand soaking up the rays and catching the waves? How about rocking out to your favorite artists’ summer concert tours? You can’t forget about the spontaneous shopping sprees for cute bathing suits and the never-ending selection of sunglasses. Maybe it’s even time for you to start paying back student loans (cue the groans). Whatever the reason may be, you probably need to save for this summer and here are some simple ways to save quickly!  You and your wallet will thank me.   1.     Save your paycheck. READ MORE