Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Ohio U Blog

Vinted

By Paige Bennett
September 27, 2014 - 5:40pm

Do you love fashion? Do you love saving money? Do you love meeting new people? Of course you do, collegiette. Check out your newest obsession: Vinted.Vinted is a website and app where ladies just like you can buy, sell, or swap clothing, shoes, or accessories.  READ MORE

Girl Code Review

By Taylor Stano
September 20, 2014 - 10:32pm

Ohio University’s Campus Involvement Center hosted the Comedians of MTV’s Girl Code and Guy Code at the Templeton-Blackburn Alumni Memorial Auditorium  on Wednesday, September 17. Audience members laughed at and with Carly Aquilino, Jamie Lee and Jermaine Fowler.   Each comedian started off their segment by teasing everybody about all of the grass and trees and even the squirrels in Ohio. They all basically wondered what people actually do in Ohio.    All did a wonderful job keeping the audience involved. Singling out audience members whose yell sounded exactly like a foghorn to embarrassing the couples in crowd made the show even funnier.    READ MORE

8 Beauty Products for the Animal Lover

By Kirby Smith
September 13, 2014 - 6:46pm

For all my girls out there who are fellow animal lovers, this one is for you! For the past year, I have started researching and only buying beauty products that don’t test on animals. Many are misinformed and think these products are hard to find, but in reality, they are not! These are some of my favorites products, and I’m sure many of yours as well!    1. Urban Decay Naked Pallets READ MORE

AVW Production Presents: Friday's Live

By Meredith Broadwater
September 6, 2014 - 1:38pm

Written by Marissa Donovan   So think Saturday Night Live, but instead of on Saturdays it’s on Fridays, Studio 8H is changed to Studio C, and all you have to do is walk to OU’s RTV Building. Live from Studio C, it’s Friday’s Live! This comedy show is filled with hilariously talented students from all over campus that pull out all the stops just to keep you, the audience, laughing and entertained.    READ MORE

Surviving Finals

By Meredith Broadwater
May 15, 2014 - 1:47pm

Surviving finals week for anyone involves non-stop eating, stressing, mental breakdowns, etc. Thankfully, nationals sent us a little something to get us through the week without hurting our diets. Here’s what was in them:   1. BOGO from Chipotle These were probably the best thing to happen to our chapter. With Chipotle right on Court Street, these definitely came in handy when we wanted to treat ourselves for studying for five hours at the library. 2. Mini Luna Bars READ MORE

The Stages of Finals

By Emily Daffron
April 28, 2014 - 12:08pm

At the beginning of the semester we’re all: Then we remember that finals exist and they’re actually in two weeks. We tell ourselves that we’re going to start studying NOW and get all A’s! Which suddenly turns into: Then someone reminds us finals are Monday. READ MORE

The Struggle to Stay Healthy in College

By Kirby Smith
April 19, 2014 - 9:14pm

What it’s like trying to stay healthy in college   1. Before you begin college, you tell yourself you won’t be a part of the freshman 15 2. But then you see all the all-you-can-eat options at the dining hall 3. And the $5 pizza you can order at 2 am 4. And the endless amount of cheap beer READ MORE

Stop, In the Name of Coffee

By Michelle Jacobson
April 8, 2014 - 9:13am

Suddenly once students begin college they feel as though they have aged as they struggle to stay awake and feel energized throughout the day. They turn to caffeine, their suddenly new best friend in college, to serve as an extra boost they need to get through the day. However, before reaching for that grande caramel frappuccino or iced coffee, think about the ingredients that are about to enter into your body. READ MORE

A Guide to Understanding Baseball

By BrooklynnKramer
April 3, 2014 - 9:03pm

“Take me out to the ball game! Take me out to the crowd!” But what comes next? After getting your peanuts and cracker jacks, you’re most likely to take a seat in the stands, but do you know on which side you’re sitting? The batter didn’t hit the ball, why is he jogging to first base? Is that a home run or a grand slam? Why can the infielders tag the bag and get an out sometimes, but other times they have to tag the person?   The rules of baseball can be confusing, but I’m here to help get you in the game!   READ MORE

Baseball Butts: The Holy Grail

By Taylor Stano
March 31, 2014 - 12:00pm

Dear Baseball Boys, It’s that time of year again where we, as women, cheer you all on when you play America’s favorite pastime. We defend you when an umpire makes a terrible call. We obnoxiously scream in excitement when you hit the baseball right out of the park or when you strike the opponent’s best hitter out. We are all there for you, boys, and we encourage you to keep doing what you’re doing best. To return the favor of supporting you through every game and every practice, you must support our obsession with your glorious butts in your best pair of baseball pants. It’s been a long and cold winter. We have been waiting for opening day for too long. Please work extra hard to keep your glutes in shape for us and we will truly thank you....