Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Ohio U Blog

It's a HallOUween Thing

By Emily McIntyre
October 20, 2014 - 7:41pm

At Ohio University, we celebrate Halloween better than anyone — after all, Athens is the host of the 3rd biggest block party in the United States! Whether it’s your first or fourth time witnessing this special weekend, here is what you can always expect at HallOUween. Brainstorming for a costume starts several months in advance…   But some of us just suck at being creative. It doesn’t help when your friend comes up with a genius idea.   Whatever, everyone’s gonna be wasted anyways. Who cares, right? READ MORE

Surviving the Transition Back to School

By Meredith Broadwater
October 16, 2014 - 5:19pm

The Her Campus Fairies have done it again! They sent a whole bunch of goodies in our back-to-school survival kit. We’ll let you in on what we got: Affinitas Cupcake Panties
These are most delicious looking pair of underwear we’ve ever received! READ MORE

Yik Yak: OU Edition

By Meredith Broadwater
October 14, 2014 - 4:24pm

Yik Yak, basically anonymous Twitter, has taken over many college campuses, including OU. Every “yak” has an up and a down arrow next to it. The more upvotes it gets, the closer it is to being on the hot list. There are some “yaks” that will always be relevant at OU, no matter what time you look at what’s hot.  You can peek at other college campuses, but here’s what you’ll see in case you don’t know you’re looking at OU: Squirrels. READ MORE

9 Reactions Toward Costumes This HallOUween

By Taylor Stano
October 14, 2014 - 12:08pm

Halloween is the time of year where kids dress as their favorite movie characters and innocently trick-or-treat from door to door. However, at Ohio University’s HallOUween celebration, it is not exactly the same concept. With thousands of people celebrating during the university’s Halloween college block party, the streets are swarmed with party-goers who ask for shots of vodka instead of candy. By witnessing many HallOUween celebrators, you are bound to see a plethora of crazy costumes amongst the madness. From the childish to extremely horrifying getups, you will have the opportunity to react to all of the costumes HallOUween celebrators have to offer. Here are some reactions when someone…   shows WAY too much skin....

Dominate the Dining Hall

By Emily McIntyre
October 12, 2014 - 6:53pm

If you are like me, with every swipe at Nelson, Boyd or Shively, you want to get the most out of your meal — yes, I mean nutritionally, but what about all that money we pay for our dining plan? If you’re bored with the same options each time you dine in (or do take out), spruce up your meal with my dining hall hacks. READ MORE

12 Thoughts Every Alumni Has When Coming Back to OU

By Kirby Smith
October 8, 2014 - 9:15pm

It's Homecoming week at Ohio University! A time where it isn't just about the current students, but alumni instead. So what are their thoughts on the occasion? We find out:   1. Why did I even graduate?   2. Were there always this many hills?   3. Was I this annoying as a freshman?   4. Why can’t alcohol be this cheap everywhere? READ MORE

How to Avoid Sickness in a Sorority House

By BrooklynnKramer
October 3, 2014 - 3:40pm

1. Take vitamins   Mom has been telling you this for years, and yes, she is right again. Your body does not always get the vitamins and minerals it needs, especially since your food is coming from mass production or a drive thru. Adding a multi-vitamin to your daily routine will help your body fight off colds and keep you strong. I recommend Vitafusion’s Women’s Complete Multivitamin gummy for the kid in all of us.   2. Get some fresh air   READ MORE

Vinted

By Paige Bennett
September 27, 2014 - 5:40pm

Do you love fashion? Do you love saving money? Do you love meeting new people? Of course you do, collegiette. Check out your newest obsession: Vinted.Vinted is a website and app where ladies just like you can buy, sell, or swap clothing, shoes, or accessories.  READ MORE

Girl Code Review

By Taylor Stano
September 20, 2014 - 10:32pm

Ohio University’s Campus Involvement Center hosted the Comedians of MTV’s Girl Code and Guy Code at the Templeton-Blackburn Alumni Memorial Auditorium  on Wednesday, September 17. Audience members laughed at and with Carly Aquilino, Jamie Lee and Jermaine Fowler.   Each comedian started off their segment by teasing everybody about all of the grass and trees and even the squirrels in Ohio. They all basically wondered what people actually do in Ohio.    All did a wonderful job keeping the audience involved. Singling out audience members whose yell sounded exactly like a foghorn to embarrassing the couples in crowd made the show even funnier.    READ MORE

8 Beauty Products for the Animal Lover

By Kirby Smith
September 13, 2014 - 6:46pm

For all my girls out there who are fellow animal lovers, this one is for you! For the past year, I have started researching and only buying beauty products that don’t test on animals. Many are misinformed and think these products are hard to find, but in reality, they are not! These are some of my favorites products, and I’m sure many of yours as well!    1. Urban Decay Naked Pallets READ MORE