Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Ohio U Blog

Stop, In the Name of Coffee

By Michelle Jacobson
April 8, 2014 - 9:13am

Suddenly once students begin college they feel as though they have aged as they struggle to stay awake and feel energized throughout the day. They turn to caffeine, their suddenly new best friend in college, to serve as an extra boost they need to get through the day. However, before reaching for that grande caramel frappuccino or iced coffee, think about the ingredients that are about to enter into your body. READ MORE

A Guide to Understanding Baseball

By BrooklynnKramer
April 3, 2014 - 9:03pm

“Take me out to the ball game! Take me out to the crowd!” But what comes next? After getting your peanuts and cracker jacks, you’re most likely to take a seat in the stands, but do you know on which side you’re sitting? The batter didn’t hit the ball, why is he jogging to first base? Is that a home run or a grand slam? Why can the infielders tag the bag and get an out sometimes, but other times they have to tag the person?   The rules of baseball can be confusing, but I’m here to help get you in the game!   READ MORE

Baseball Butts: The Holy Grail

By Taylor Stano
March 31, 2014 - 12:00pm

Dear Baseball Boys, It’s that time of year again where we, as women, cheer you all on when you play America’s favorite pastime. We defend you when an umpire makes a terrible call. We obnoxiously scream in excitement when you hit the baseball right out of the park or when you strike the opponent’s best hitter out. We are all there for you, boys, and we encourage you to keep doing what you’re doing best. To return the favor of supporting you through every game and every practice, you must support our obsession with your glorious butts in your best pair of baseball pants. It’s been a long and cold winter. We have been waiting for opening day for too long. Please work extra hard to keep your glutes in shape for us and we will truly thank you....

Beauty that Won’t Break the Bank

By Emily_McIntyre
March 29, 2014 - 2:00pm

No more static! Yes, all collegiettes can relate to that dreaded time of year when the air is stripped of moisture, and can turn any good hair day into a bad one. Taking off your jacket, shirt, or sweatshirt becomes a hassle when flyaways float all around your head for everyone to see afterwards. Chances are you don’t carry styling wax or smoothing putty around with you, but lotion will do the trick! Rub a dime size dollop between your hands, smooth it over the surface of your hair, and you’re good to go.   P.S. Combat static on your clothes by running a dryer sheet over them.   Smoother skin  READ MORE

Drunken Delicacies

By Rachel Cassidy
March 29, 2014 - 10:54am

As everyone in Athens knows, OU students know how to party. Whether you hit up the bars or are raging at a house party, you can undoubtedly find a way to get intoxicated. Afterwards, there is only one thing to do; get some food. While you could make some mac and cheese or a hot pocket at home, most people prefer to go uptown; where the eateries beckon to our drunken souls and have us emptying our wallets and stuffing our faces. Here are some of the best places to get your drunk eating on!   O’Betty’s:  READ MORE

Dapsity: Swipe Your Way to a Killer Internship

By Emily Barber
March 25, 2014 - 4:56pm

Finding the perfect internship or job can now be just as easy as finding cute guys. Dapsity is an app that allows you to search hundreds of open positions based on your Facebook and LinkedIn contacts. Users can privately link profiles to their Dapsity accounts and see companies that are hiring in places the users already have contacts. This app is similar to “Tinder” in that the user swipes left and right to indicate interests. Instead of matching with cuties in your area, however, you’ll get awesome job and internship opportunities (which may be a lot more rewarding than a message from a creepy dude). READ MORE

Saving For Summer the Bobcat Way

By BrooklynnKramer
March 25, 2014 - 4:35pm

Do you find yourself daydreaming about warm weather and sunny skies? Do you picture yourself on a towel in the sand soaking up the rays and catching the waves? How about rocking out to your favorite artists’ summer concert tours? You can’t forget about the spontaneous shopping sprees for cute bathing suits and the never-ending selection of sunglasses. Maybe it’s even time for you to start paying back student loans (cue the groans). Whatever the reason may be, you probably need to save for this summer and here are some simple ways to save quickly!  You and your wallet will thank me.   1.     Save your paycheck. READ MORE

Spring Break Survival Kit

By Meredith Broadwater
March 20, 2014 - 6:40pm

Not only does being part of the Her Campus rock, it pays off! Nationals sent us a Spring Break Survival Kit full of goodies, and we want to share with you everything that made coming back from spring break that much more bearable. 1. neuro Sleep! This tasty drink gives you nutrients to get a goodnight’s sleep, like melatonin and magnesium. Plus, it’s only 35 calories! Try it for free: go to SLEEPwithneuro.com to get your free bottle! READ MORE

Pinterest Has You Covered

By Michelle Jacobson
March 19, 2014 - 5:50pm

Ever find yourself digging through your brain for an idea and you’re just stuck? Typically when people cannot find the answer in their head they turn to the internet for some assistance. One website that is pretty familiar, but sometimes forgotten about, is Pinterest. Personally, I have always relied on Pinterest for when I’m looking for something new and “out of the box.” Whether I’m searching for clothes, crafts, gift ideas, or recipes, Pinterest has unique ideas for it all. You name it and Pinterest will find pins that match your search. I have complied some of my favorite ideas. Go ahead and take a break from studying or homework and see what else there is to be found on the website! Gifts Ideas READ...

St. Patty's Green Beer Day

By Emily Daffron
March 15, 2014 - 8:21pm

We may be known to be a party school, and to have a crazy fest season, but how do we celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? First, with Green Beer Day.       A tradition that began in Oxford, Ohio, has earned its name in Athens as a day that students cannot wait for. Beginning early in the day, March 12 this year, students are rushing to the bars on Court Street in order to get their green-colored beer. Need to go to class? No problem. Students show up inebriated, but hey, they still go.        READ MORE