Being Single on Valentine’s Day as told by New Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

It’s that time of year again. Love is in the air, people are blowing kisses, and you are buying yourself a box of chocolates because let’s face it; you’re single again. No one knows the struggle of being single on Valentine’s Day better than the roommates in apartment 4D.

You wake up and realize it’s the big day. You don’t have to get up, right?

You check your phone just to see that your Instagram feed is full of pictures of cute couples doing cute couple things.

You only stay sad for a moment before you remember that the stores will be full of your favorite thing: chocolate.

You go to the store to inconspicuously buy the biggest box of chocolate you can find, but you keep seeing every guy as a potential Valentine’s date.

You come back home feeling more depressed than before because EVERY GUY has a girlfriend.

After listening to just the right amount of Taylor Swift, you pull yourself together. You don’t need anyone, you are independent and strong!

You make yourself a nice meal …

… and dance to your favorite music.

By the end of the day you realize you’re fine being single. There is no need to worry about this one day; it’s really no different from the rest! But if you do get depressed, just remind yourself that there are plenty of people in your life who love you no matter what your relationship status.

Happy Valentine’s Day, Collegiettes! HCXO!

All GIFs courtesy of giphy.com
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean. E.W. Scripps School of Journalism kid. Avid explorer. Puppy (and all things fluffy) lover.  Twitter: @Taylor_Stano & Instagram: @TayStano