Behind the Lens of Andrea Harris

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Name: Andrea Harris
Graduation Year: 2011
Hometown: Marietta, Ohio

How did you get Started With Connection Photography?

Joseph started Connection Photography in 2008 and then the business started to grow very rapidly. I love taking pictures too so I started to help and it just worked out perfectly. I think we compliment each other in our picture taking: he loves the scenery and focuses on the theme of the pictures while I am very good at the details and working with people. 

Where is your favorite spot in Athens to shoot  pictures? My favorite place to take pictures in Athens would  have to be Bong Hill! It’s so beautiful and you can see the whole  town.

What do you take pictures of? We take pictures of  just about anything, from weddings to senior pictures and we’ve even started  taking boudoir pictures. Our  favorite pictures to take are engagement photos because we can be really creative with them and we enjoy capturing the love each couple has for each other. We also love candid pictures because it helps us capture real moments instead of the posed ones people  are used too. We just want to continue to take great pictures that show feeling and  emotion and  for people to look back on their pictures and feel as  though they are back in those moments. 

Will we see you around campus taking pictures in the
spring?
We are always taking pictures and we will definitely be
taking them in the spring!

To learn more about Connection Photography, look for its Facebook Page or check out its website.

Rebekah Meiser is a senior studying Magazine Journalism at Ohio University, with a split specialization in Italian and Art History. Like many Italians, she is obnoxiously proud of her heritage and fully embraces it by consuming embarrassing amounts of pasta, bread and cheese. She currently owes a scary amount of money to the government, but continues to masochistically check Net-a-Porter and Urban Outfitters online for beautiful items that she lusts but cannot afford. Rebekah goes to school in the middle of some of the best cornfields in Ohio. Although she finds the location less than ideal, she has become an avid star-gazer thanks to the unpolluted sky. A true lover of fashion, her friends make fun of her for playing dress up as often as she does, but she’s not one to be discouraged. Rebekah also loves to run (read: alternate between jogging and walking), read fashion blogs, bake, and read magazines (of which she owns a forest-worth). She hopes to live and work in New York City after she graduates in the spring.