Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Ohio U Archives

Words from a Sexual Assault Survivor

By anonymous
October 29, 2014 - 4:15pm

The following story was submitted by a sexual assault survivor who wishes to remain anonymous. If you or anyone you know has been sexually assaulted, counselors are available 24/7 at the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-HOPE.   The only thing I’m thinking is how I ended up here. I look up to his panting face and as he climaxes he says one thing to me, “You’ll enjoy it more when you look back tomorrow.” READ MORE

Scotty McCreery

By Emily Daffron
October 27, 2014 - 2:35pm

Scotty McCreery is coming to Mem Aud Saturday Nov. 1 as part of his See You Tonight Tour 2014. Special guest is Danielle Bradbery. Concert begins at 8 p.m. Get your tickets now! READ MORE

How To: Masquerade Mask

By Paige Bennett
October 27, 2014 - 2:28pm

This HallOUween, I decided to do something different. I have never been interested in gore. I don’t watch scary movies. I don’t go to haunted houses or on scary hay rides. Fear is just not my thing. This year, I came across a really cool tutorial while I was searching for a Halloween costume. After watching two videos on YouTube on how to make a flesh masquerade mask by Bonnie Corban SFX, I immediately went online and bought all the supplies I needed. READ MORE

Nick Poulos

By BrooklynnKramer
October 26, 2014 - 12:00pm

Break the ice with this hockey hottie! Age: 21 Year at OU: Sophomore Hometown: Antioch, IL Relationship status: Single Major/minor: Interior Architecture Campus involvement: Ohio University D2 Hockey team What you look for in a girl: Good sense of humor, nice personality, can go out and have fun or just lay back and relax, and she has to love dogs READ MORE

Spicing up Sober Nights at OU

By BrooklynnKramer
October 26, 2014 - 12:00pm

It’s the weekend (or Wednesday or Thirsty Thursday or honestly any day of the week) and everyone, or so it seems, is roaming Athens looking for a pregame, party, and/or which bar has the best draft deals that night. Mill, Palmer, and Court Street fill with those looking for a much needed drink after a long day, and they’re sure to find one. But what if you’re not thirsty on Thursday, and not up for walking into random people’s houses for a Natty Light and an awkward conversation? What do you do then? READ MORE

Tall vs. Short Girl Probs

By Meredith Broadwater, Emma Schoonmaker
October 25, 2014 - 10:41am

When talking about height: If you have to hear “You’re so tall” one more time... vs. People LOVE to point out the fact that you’re short. It is as if they have made an absolutely remarkable discovery. A discovery that no one has ever made before nor will ever make again.   Deciding what you look like: Getting compared to Shaq when you play sports. vs. READ MORE

Rainbow in Athens!

By Michelle Jacobson
October 23, 2014 - 4:54pm

Check out the rainbow that hit Athens last week! Isn't it beautiful? READ MORE

12 Thoughts Collegiettes Have About Fall

By BrooklynnKramer
October 22, 2014 - 8:34pm

Scarf season!   Do these layers make me look fat?   This weather is perfect for cuddling.   Eh, who needs a man? I have Netflix.   I’m going to be something sexy for Halloween!   READ MORE

It's a HallOUween Thing

By Emily McIntyre
October 20, 2014 - 7:41pm

At Ohio University, we celebrate Halloween better than anyone — after all, Athens is the host of the 3rd biggest block party in the United States! Whether it’s your first or fourth time witnessing this special weekend, here is what you can always expect at HallOUween. Brainstorming for a costume starts several months in advance…   But some of us just suck at being creative. It doesn’t help when your friend comes up with a genius idea.   Whatever, everyone’s gonna be wasted anyways. Who cares, right? READ MORE

HallOUween

By Emily Daffron