Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Ohio U Archives

Bobcat Crowned Queen

By Taylor Stano
September 16, 2014 - 9:29am

While most students took advantage of the extra time off from classes during this year’s Labor Day weekend, Ohio University sophomore Kirbyshae Smith traveled to Columbus, Ohio and took the title as Miss American Coed Ohio in beauty pageant. The pageant held at North Crowne Plaza allowed girls between the ages of 13-22 to participate. Smith participated in the coed division, which was specifically for 19-22-year-old women. READ MORE

Girl Code/ Guy Code

By Carly Maurer
September 14, 2014 - 9:23am

Comedians of Girl Code / Guy Code Presented by the Campus Involvement Center Featuring Carly Aquilino & Jamie Lee
with special guest Jermaine Fowler Carly Aquilino is a stand-up comedian described by audience members as "funny" and by her father as "a huge mistake". As a New York native, Carly first stepped on stage at Gotham Comedy Club and has since been quickly rising in the comedy scene, performing at the most popular clubs in New York. Carly's hobbies are telling jokes and checking Facebook to make sure the people that made fun of her in high school got fat. Carly feels proud of having her stand up featured on Sirius XM radio and is  especially proud that she once made her grandma Marilyn laugh so hard that her teeth fell out. ...

Paw Paw Festival

By Meredith Broadwater
September 13, 2014 - 7:19pm

The 16th annual Paw Paw Festival is this weekend!  READ MORE

Raquel Richards

By Meredith Broadwater
September 13, 2014 - 7:15pm

Raquel Richards, 21, is a junior strategic communication major. Both her and her boyfriend are from Wadsworth, Ohio. She's a part of PRSSA and ImPRessions on campus. Raquel is known for her bubbly personality and positive attitude. What Raquel's looking forward to this year? "Taking classes related to my major and learning more about my field of study!" Follow her on Twitter and Instagram at @RaquelRichards9!      READ MORE

Cloudy Night

By Carly Maurer

The Best Thing I Ever Ate: Athens Edition

By Michelle Jacobson
September 13, 2014 - 7:07pm

Although it’s quite convenient to grab that bowl of easy mac out of the cabinet, pour some water, and call it a meal, there are plenty of other alternatives that can meet your satisfaction. It’s worthwhile to take the few extra steps down Court Street and indulge in some real, mouth-watering, local favorites. With an emphasis on locally grown foods, there are plenty of restaurants that offer customers a true taste of Athens. Don’t know where to start? Not a problem. Here’s a guide, similar to the food network’s “The Best Thing I Ever Ate,” that represents the best of the best right here in town.   Bagel Street Deli: The OU Bagel with tomato on an everything bagel Made with cream cheese, bacon, and tomato...

Bob Benz Taking on the Impossible: Teaching Scripps Kids

By Emily Daffron
September 13, 2014 - 6:54pm

Bob Benz, Scripps Howard Visiting Professional, is taking the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism by storm. With his magazine feature writing class, Benz is incorporating his writing, editing, and media talents into something he’s never done: teaching Scripps kids.   Born in a suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Benz slowly turned into a moving-junkie thanks in part to his wife, Lara. He has lived in Pittsburgh, Birmingham, Albuquerque, Denver, Knoxville, Washington, D.C., and now good ol’ Athens.   READ MORE

8 Beauty Products for the Animal Lover

By Kirby Smith
September 13, 2014 - 6:46pm

For all my girls out there who are fellow animal lovers, this one is for you! For the past year, I have started researching and only buying beauty products that don’t test on animals. Many are misinformed and think these products are hard to find, but in reality, they are not! These are some of my favorites products, and I’m sure many of yours as well!    1. Urban Decay Naked Pallets READ MORE

Involvement Fair: Did you see us?

By Meredith Broadwater
September 6, 2014 - 4:14pm

Did you see us at the involvement fair? We had so much fun meeting everyone! READ MORE

AVW Production Presents: Friday's Live

By Meredith Broadwater
September 6, 2014 - 1:38pm

Written by Marissa Donovan   So think Saturday Night Live, but instead of on Saturdays it’s on Fridays, Studio 8H is changed to Studio C, and all you have to do is walk to OU’s RTV Building. Live from Studio C, it’s Friday’s Live! This comedy show is filled with hilariously talented students from all over campus that pull out all the stops just to keep you, the audience, laughing and entertained.    READ MORE