Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Ohio U Archives

It's a HallOUween Thing

By Emily McIntyre
October 20, 2014 - 7:41pm

At Ohio University, we celebrate Halloween better than anyone — after all, Athens is the host of the 3rd biggest block party in the United States! Whether it’s your first or fourth time witnessing this special weekend, here is what you can always expect at HallOUween. Brainstorming for a costume starts several months in advance…   But some of us just suck at being creative. It doesn’t help when your friend comes up with a genius idea.   Whatever, everyone’s gonna be wasted anyways. Who cares, right? READ MORE

HallOUween

By Emily Daffron

Mini Involvement Fair

By Emily Daffron

How-To Series: Mason Jar Soups

By Emily Daffron

An Evening with David Sedaris

By Emily Daffron

DIY Halloween Made Affordable

By Michelle Jacobson
October 20, 2014 - 2:43pm

Whether it’s filling up water bottles with juice from the dining halls, loading up your chipotle bag with handfuls of plastic silverware, or coming to a halt whenever something free is being offered, college students are always looking to save. With HallOUween right around the corner, it’s time to figure out what to dress up as and how to do it on a budget. The perfect solution could be closer than one may think. READ MORE

Andrew Kroeze: HBO Rep

By Meredith Broadwater
October 19, 2014 - 12:08pm

Meet Andrew, one of two Ohio University HBO representatives! I got to talk to him to see what he does and how he got involved. Read what he had to say about it, and look for their table in Baker! What's your major? “I am a Psychology major with a Business minor.” What else are you involved with on campus? “I'm also the president of two campus organizations, the Interfraternity Council and Order of Omega, active member of the PSI CHI honors society, a proud member of the Alpha Epsilon Pi Fraternity, and an RA in O'Bleness House.” READ MORE

Allan Mendoza

By BrooklynnKramer
October 19, 2014 - 12:08pm

Age: 18 Year at OU: Sophomore Hometown: Toledo, Ohio Relationship status: In a Relationship Major/minor: Biology; Pre-Physical Therapy Plans for the near future: “I plan on making an organization that promotes Filipino-American life and teaches about Filipino history, although I am short [on] people who would want to be a part of that.” [Contact him on Twitter if you’re interested!] What you’re looking forward to most this year: HallOUween! READ MORE

Pumpkin Picking in Athens!

By Meredith Broadwater

Surviving the Transition Back to School

By Meredith Broadwater
October 16, 2014 - 5:19pm

The Her Campus Fairies have done it again! They sent a whole bunch of goodies in our back-to-school survival kit. We’ll let you in on what we got: Affinitas Cupcake Panties
These are most delicious looking pair of underwear we’ve ever received! READ MORE