Abby Alletto: Alum

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

What degree did you receive when you graduated last spring? Early Childhood Education

Where are you now?  I moved to the Cleveland suburbs close to where I grew up. I am living an apartment with a fellow OU alum and working as a kindergarten teacher!

What were you involved in while at OU? I was very involved in Greek Life at Ohio University. I was a member of Delta Zeta and spent a year as the Vice President of Programming for the Women’s Panhellenic Association.

What do you miss most about Athens? I miss the close town feel. I could walk anywhere and see a million people I know.

What does Homecoming 2014 mean to you now? It means my first homecoming back as an alum! I have been looking forward to this weekend ever since I left in May. I loved seeing faces I haven’t seen in a while and the sense of pride of everyone on campus.

What OU traditions are your favorite? I think my favorite would be homecoming. The campus feels closer than ever.

What keepsakes from Athens do you have? I have a bunch of clothes, the Pubs of Athens poster, my decorated graduation cap, and an Athens brick, of course!

How do you plan to instill Athens into your life and others’ lives in the future? I want to always have the Bobcat attitude towards myself and others. Being a Bobcat taught me to be confident and kind to others, so I always want to be able express that.

Do you plan on returning to future homecomings? Absolutely! I want go back to as many as I can and relive my best four years in one weekend every year!

Do you hope to marry a Bobcat? I hope so! They would be the only people that understand my love for Athens!

Will you make your kids attend Ohio University? Of course! How else could I get away with going to Mom’s weekend every year?

Advice for a freshman? Get out of your comfort zone. Don’t be afraid to do something new.

Advice for a senior? Say yes to everything. You won’t remember the nights you went to bed early. You’ll remember the nights you walked to Bong Hill to watch a meteor shower or the time you road a mechanical bull in the middle of Baker.

Any last words? It’s not four years, it’s for life.

Ohio University 2017 Alumna Communication Studies major | Business minor | Social Media certificate Qnary | Client Success Manager Some Good Wine | Event and Marketing Director Delta Zeta Alumna | Public Relations Advisor Her Campus | Chapter Advisor and past Campus Correspondent PRSSA | Mentor Living my best life in NYC.