9 Stages of Waiting to Hear Back from an Interview as told by The Office

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.
You walk out of your interview on Cloud 9; you killed it.  They laughed at your clever responses because you’re witty while still keeping an impressive manner of professionalism.  That job is totally yours.

It’s later that night, and you’re lying in bed going over the interview in your head.  You begin to worry about their laughter. Maybe they were laughing at you, not with you.  What if you didn’t do as well as you thought? You toss and turn all night in a state of worry.

The next morning you decide to rid your head of all negativity. It’s been less then 24 hours since your interview, and there’s no need to panic…yet. 

Two days, three days, four days pass and your positivity is dwindling. Maybe this job wasn’t for you. Ice cream and puppies are an obvious necessity at this point to keep you going. 
You’re at the bottom of your tub of Ben & Jerry’s, and even a ten-pound golden puppy can’t get you to laugh at this point. You can’t help but wonder what you did wrong.
Finally, a week and six more gray hairs later, you get a call from an unknown number, and you hope for the best as you answer the phone.

It’s them! You try to control your excitement and put on the best adult voice you can muster.

You got the job! Once you hang up the phone, you can officially run around screaming like the crazy lady you are because YOU ARE EMPLOYED!

Winded from two laps around your bedroom and clear lack of exercise, you decide you should call your parents, grandparents, sister, brother, aunt, uncle, and distant cousins… Everyone deserves to know that you are of adult career status!

All GIFs: giphy.com
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean. E.W. Scripps School of Journalism kid. Avid explorer. Puppy (and all things fluffy) lover.  Twitter: @Taylor_Stano & Instagram: @TayStano