element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

8 Ways People are Getting into the Christmas Spirit Too Early

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

I came home after a long day at the library to find that my roommates had decided to decorate our door. It was wrapped in cherry red wrapping paper with a cutout of a decorated Christmas tree on the front, completed with pictures of our heads glued on elf cutouts. The night this happened was November 1.

To me, the playing of Christmas carols and the untangling of Christmas lights starts no sooner than the day after Thanksgiving. So, at the risk of sounding like the Grinch, here is why I think that people get into the Christmas spirit a little too early.

1. First off by preparing so early for Christmas, you’re skipping one of the best holidays of the year.

GIF: buzzfeed.com

2. Thanksgiving needs to stop being so easily looked over. You have the spirit of being grateful for what you have and you have delicious food to eat. What’s not to love?

GIF: cdn0.dailydot.com

3. Also, 24 hours before Christmas decorations started to go up, people were walking around campus dressed in costumes and buying Reese’s peanut butter pumpkins.

Photo: i.frikkinawesome.com

4. As I write this, it is 75 degrees outside and I’m wearing shorts and sandals, so how can I be singing a song about dashing through the snow when I’m currently basking in the sun?

Photo: suescornerweb.com

5. Christmas movies are great and all but why would you skip straight to “Frosty the Snowman” when you have great November movies like  “A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving”?

GIF: 33.media.tumblr.com

6. For those of you who are really, really into Christmas and already have your tree up and decorated, how do you plan on keeping that tree alive for the next two months?

GIF: media.tumblr.com

7. If Christmas music starts being played too early, it can get annoying. There are only so many weeks in a row that I can listen to “Baby, It’s Cold Outside.”

GIF: staticfiles.outreachinc.netdna-cdn.com

8. People who are already beginning their Christmas shopping need to stop being so organized and put together. I usually wait until the night before to frantically buy poster board for a project due the next day and people already have their family checked off their Christmas shopping list.

GIF: buzzfed.com

This may sound like I hate the season of Christmas, but don’t worry. When November 27th rolls around you’ll find me listening to my Michael Bublé Christmas album and eating candy canes.

GIF: img.pandawhale.com

Ohio University Class of 2018 | Psychology major West Virginia native now living in Athens. I love traveling, eating junk food and quoting The Office. You'll probably find me yelling at a TV while watching football. 
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean. E.W. Scripps School of Journalism kid. Avid explorer. Puppy (and all things fluffy) lover.  Twitter: @Taylor_Stano & Instagram: @TayStano