8 Things to do when you’re not really “Spring Breaking”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Story by Gabrielle Brocket

Spring break is right around the corner and you look in your bank account to find only $4.53 left. Sound relatable? Well, there is no need to panic because there is plenty that you can do at home to keep yourself occupied during this stress relieving week!

1.     Take day trips with friends

Who says you need a full week for one trip, when you can take several day trips? Whether it is to a mall, or just around town, get up and explore for a day.

2.     Have a wine night

When you think of spring break, you normally think of partying on a beach but if that’s not the case for you, you can always keep it classy and share a bottle of wine with a few friends. Make a girl’s night out of it!

3.     Have a spa day

This is the best way to get relaxed after drowning in school work for the past few months. You can never go wrong with a massage or a manicure.

4.     Rearrange your entire room

Change is a good thing every now and again. Rearrange your room for a different feel. Who knows, maybe you will find things you completely forgot about!

5.     Have a baking day

Brownies, cookies, cake and more! Now if that doesn’t make you want to stuff your face with a lot of food, I am not sure what will. Try new recipes to see what you like.

6.     Work out

Maybe your spring break body wasn’t what you were hoping but you can always set a new goal for summer! It is never too late to get into shape.

7.      Have a Disney movie marathon

Let’s be real, no one is ever too old for Disney. Grab some popcorn and make a day of it!

8.     Online shopping

There is no doubt that girls love to shop but who wants to get out of their P.J.’s when they can stay warm and comfy in their own beds? That is what I thought! Grab your laptop and spend the day browsing your favorite stores. (Don’t forget to look up coupons!)

(All gifs and cover photo courtesy of giphy.com)

Just a quirky fashion journalist trying to get it right!