kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

7 Country Songs That Remind You of Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

When the weather begins to warm up and the flowers begin to blossom, most of us have the same thing on our mind: summer. We can’t wait to feel the summer heat on our sun-kissed skin, go shopping for new swimsuits, and switch our Pandora station to music that’ll put us in a summer mood. For me, this type of music is country music. Country music always puts me in the mood to relax by the pool with a fruity drink in my hand, or stay out late by a bonfire with all of my friends. These 7 songs reflect all of the perfect elements of summer:

1. Summer Nights by Rascal Flatts

This song is the song to listen to right after your last final. It gets you excited for all that this upcoming summer has to offer. 

2. Sun Daze by Florida Georgia Line

The lyrics and music video portray a perfect summer Sunday: lounging by a pool with your friends on your day off. 

3. Beachin’ by Jake Owen

Spending every day on a beach all summer sounds pretty ideal to me. 

4. Knee Deep by Zac Brown Band

“Mind on a permanent vacation. Ocean is my only medication.” This lyric says it all. 

5. Day Drinking by Little Big Town

What sounds better then day drinking on a nice summer day? (Only if you are of age, of course!) 

6. Summertime by Kenny Chesney

This song talks about every single thing that a great summer has to offer.

7. Chillin’ It by Cole Swindell

This song is the perfect song to blast in your car with the windows down on a nice, sunny day.

What country songs remind you of summer? Let us know @hercampusohiou!

Cover photo: s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com​

I am a freshman at Ohio University. I am majoring in Journalism News and Information.
Emily is a junior and HCOU's campus correspondent and editor in chief! Check her out on Twitter, @edafffffron (five f's).