stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

7 Advantages of Being A Morning Person in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

If you’re a college student, there’s a good chance that you have experience juggling strenuous schoolwork, your sensational social life and countless other things (like trying to not gain 100 pounds). Although  sleeping in may seem to solve all of your problems most days, you may be surprised to find that morning people take a lot of pressure off of themselves by getting a head start over late sleepers. As a freshman in college and a morning person, here are some of my favorite reasons to wake up early!

1. Savoring Breakfast:

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it starts your day off on the right foot. As opposed to people who are too cool for breakfast, you can boost your brain activity and have better control over your weight by way of nutritious morning munchies. More importantly, this meal is far more scrumptious than lunch or dinner… Omelets, waffles and fruit! Oh my!

Photo: kidseatsmartnl.files.wordpress.com

2. Exercising:

Waking up to work out is another sure-fire way to get your day going. Not only will you be wide-awake going into your busy day of classes, you’ll also get it out of the way. You have better things to do at the end of the day, so get it over with early and reward yourself later with a kick-ass nap.

Photo: thereluctantathlete.com

3. Perfect time to get work done:

It’s quiet, the sun is rising, and your coffee is scorching hot. Your head is clear and you’re ready to look the day straight in the face and tell it who’s boss. What better time is there to get your creative juices flowing and channel your inner genius?

Photo: cdn.crushable.com

4. Body clock:

If you start to wake up at the same time every day, your body will figure out what you’re up to. Ask your parents because they’ve probably been relying on this system for 30 years. This way, you won’t have to be startled out of an enchanting dream every morning by those awful iPhone alarms.

Photo: s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com

5. Overall productivity:

Say you actually listen to the tips I gave above and eat breakfast, exercise, and get your schoolwork done. Think about how many different things you can do with the rest of your day if you do any or all of those things in the morning. Go to an extra credit event, call your grandparents, or catch up on Grey’s Anatomy. Whatever it is that you do with your free time, it’s free time, which you have more of if you start your day early.

Photo: hellogiggles.hellogiggles.netdna-cdn.com

6. Life prep:

If you marry a man (or your job, as they say), chances are you’ll have to tend to various different obligations that require your full time and attention at the crack of dawn. An even scarier obligation that you’ll probably have to wake up early for one day is children. Definitely try to get a head start on life while you’re still in college.  

Photo: babyrazzi.com

7. Mood:

Waking up on the “right side of the bed” has everything to do with your morning routine. Your morning sets the tone for the rest of your day, which is why it’s crucial to wake up early and make the most of each one. Remember, if today doesn’t work out, you can try again tomorrow.

Photo: blog.mycoffeesupply.com

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean. E.W. Scripps School of Journalism kid. Avid explorer. Puppy (and all things fluffy) lover.  Twitter: @Taylor_Stano & Instagram: @TayStano