This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ODU chapter.

Spring Break is the best time of the spring semester. A whole week with no lingering due dates or professors breathing down your neck to make sure you’re getting your work done. The week of freedom!

Source: Giphy

Every week of freedom needs their own playlist, of course, an I am here to give you the ultimate spring break playlist for indie music lovers.

The Road Trip

Source: Giphy

No spring break is complete without the perfect road trip. Here are ten songs to help you make the drive that much more enjoyable:

1. Sweet Disaster – DREAMERS

2. Good Grief – Bastille

3. I Wanna Get Better – Bleachers

4. Pork Soda – Glass Animals

5. Animals – Coast Modern

6. Dani California – Red Hot Chili Peppers

7. Boyish – Hippo Campus

8. Electric Feel – MGMT

9. San Francisco – The Mowgli’s

10. Tongue Tied – Grouplove

Late Night Bonfire

Source: Pixabay

Post road trip bonfires are another spring break staple. It’s a laid back feeling that doesn’t need any loud or fast music. A more collected atmosphere compared to the road trip playlist, the late night playlist is here for all your laid back nights:

1. Wild Horses – Bishop Briggs

2. ILYSB – Lany

3. Cocoon – Milky Chance

4. American Money – Børns

5. Crooked Teeth – Death Cab for Cutie

6. Love is Mystical – Cold War Kids

7. Last Night – The Strokes

8. Fool For Love – Lord Huron

9. Tennis Court – Lorde

10. Like Real People Do – Hozier

Beach Day

Source: Giphy

All of the best spring breaks have at least one beach day. Here’s the best playlist for all you beach bums.

1. Like Monday – More Amor

2. Summer Elaine and Drunk Dori – Weezer

3. A-Punk – Vampire Weekend

4. Anna Sun – Walk the Moon

5. Sun – Two Door Cinema Club

6. Dreaming – Smallpools

7. Young Volcanoes – Fall Out Boy

8. Young Blood – The Naked and Famous

9. Oxygen – The Dirty Heads

10. You Know It – Colony House

None of the playlists are set in stone and can be played in any order. There are also many other alternative songs that can be swapped out or added in! Either way, this is the perfect spring break playlist for you or the alternative music lover in your life.

Hello! My name is Lindsey Lanham. I go to Old Dominion Univeristy in Norfolk VA, and am currently majoring in journalism with a minor in communication. I am the marketing director for the ODU chapter. I hope to shine light on the local art and artists in Norfolk.