This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ODU chapter.

One of the best parts of being in a Her Campus chapter is the survival kits! Here at HC ODU, we wait anxiously every semester for those big boxes to bless our lives with goodies of all kinds.

Survival kits are always awesome but, the 2017 Holiday Survival Kit has taken the cake of best survival kit ever!

First off, we got makeup. And not just any makeup, Tarte Cosmetics. Anyone that knows anything about makeup, or even just sees videos on their news feed, knows or has seen Tarte. They are within the top tier of makeup products! We were blessed with eyeshadow pallets and enough mascara to fill a small ball pit that would warm the heart of every makeup enthusiast out there. Heck even if you’re a beginner, these products are perfect!

The one thing that every college student loves is a free t-shirt! We are thanking the Her Campus and Actually She Can X Le Motto Gods for sending us some super cute muscle tees. Not only do these shirts explain our lives in one sentence, they’re stylish and comfortable.

We’ve all woken up after not getting enough sleep and had to debate if wearing sunglasses all day was appropriate because our eyes looked like dead weights were hanging from them. Well, considering that it’s time of year where all-nighters are the norm and puffy eyes plague us, we needed these Alba Botanica products. The Fast Fix for Puffy Eyes is a savor for eight a.m. classes and when the 2 o’clock slump hits.

Also, perfect for this time of year, the lotion from Being by Sanctuary! The cold weather can get the best of anyone but thanks to these handy little bottles we’ll never get caught in the cold with dry skin.

We all love to get crafty during the holidays which is why we are so grateful for the Krazy Glue single packs we got this year!

Source: Giphy

Hi everyone, I'm Petra (PEE-truh) and I'm an ODU alumna who has branched out to sunny Southern California. Following graduation, I didn't have too much of a plan for where I was going in life but I knew to stay in Virginia was not an option. I wanted more than what was offered there so I started applying to almost every job in all my dream cities and life led me to San Diego. I now do sales, marketing and social media management for a great startup company, Voterfied. I love everything about San Diego and the work I'm doing here. So my advice to everyone, get out of your comfort zone! Take that leap of faith and let life guide you to exactly where you're meant to be. HCXO, Petra!