This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ODU chapter.

Music is the answer to many problems in life. Hearing a few lyrics and chords can alter your mood in ways that nothing else can. 2017 was a great year for music and 2018 will be even better. If you don’t have music by the top artists then you need to add them to your song list pronto. Here are few songs by the hot artists that often top the top 100 charts of Billboard and iTunes:

Source: Giphy

1. “God’s Plan” by Drake

Source: Giphy

Just released last week on January 20, along with another single, “Diplomatic Immunity,” this song was part of the Scary Hours release. It’s a feel-good track that discusses Drake’s future as an artist. He expresses how people want him to fail; however, it’s not in God’s plan for him. With great lyrics such as, “don’t pull up at 6 a.m. to cuddle with me” and, “I only love my bed and my momma, I’m sorry.” I think we all know what everyone’s Instagram captions are going to look like this month.  

2. “Sativa” by Jhene Aiko feat. Rae Sremmurd

Source: Giphy

Aiko’s album was released last September that included “Sativa” featuring Swae Lee, one half of Rae Sremmurd. Now, the singer has released a new version along with a music video with both of the “Black Beatles” singers. The futuristic video that was released on January 21 includes the Rae Sremmurd duo creating Aiko in a lab. There are sick visuals that display a steam room, money, card games, and partying. Aiko even rocks some beautiful blue hair as her extraterrestrial-self sings the soft, sweet-sounding song about some tree.  

3. “OMG” by Camila Cabello feat. Quavo

Source: Giphy

Released back in August, this song is still a great song for pregaming any weekend adventures. Who wouldn’t get pumped by the lyrics telling you, “My god, you look good today” or “Oh my god you’re awesome.” This single shows off her sexy and sultry vocals in fun and confident way. It will have you feeling confident and sexy yourself.

4. “All the Stars” by Kendrick Lamar and SZA

Source: Giphy

This duet was released as a single on January 4 and announced that it would be part of the Black Panther soundtrack for the upcoming Marvel Studios movie. Kendrick Lamar and SZA sound perfect together in this chill, yet upbeat track that can be great as a background song to a study sesh. This isn’t the first time that the two have collaborated and it most likely won’t be the last.

5. “Get You” by Daniel Caesar feat. Kali Uchis

Source: Giphy

Released on Caesar’s Freudian album, this song is a sexy love ballad that showcases the sensual voices of Caesar and Uchis. He sings of making love and looking deep into his lover’s eyes as the beat plays soft and slow. Both artists are new to the scene and are the perfect pair for this kind of song. It will definitely put you in the mood to call up your lover.  

6. “Faking It” by Calvin Harris feat. Kehlani and Lil Yachty

Source: Giphy

Kehlani is one to never disappoint and definitely does not on this Calvin Harris track. It’s about saying “fuck you” to an ex-fling who wasn’t good for you. I think everyone has tried to pretend they didn’t like somebody that much who they actually did and it didn’t end up well. Faking It is the song is for that. Once you hear it you will be adding it to your break up playlist.

Source: Giphy

These are just a few of my favorites but all of these artists have even more great songs and albums. If you like what you hear\ then I suggest that you look up more songs by any of them. Enjoy!

Hello! My name is Maggie and I am currently pursuing a degree in English with a concentration in journalism and a minor in communication at ODU. I write about my interests of beauty, music, fashion, and life advice. My uncle once said, "It's not illegal until you get caught," and I think those are words to live by. Follow me on Instagram @gisforglitter