bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Health

3 Quick Workouts You Can do Anywhere

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ODU chapter.

At the beginning of the year, some of us may have said that we want to workout or be healthier, but sometimes when you have to balance working and going to school, finding time to workout can be hard. So that made me wonder: “What can we do to get in shape without having to be at the gym?” Luckily, the lightbulb in my brain flickered on and I was able to think of three easy workouts anyone can do to tone up and commit to our New Year’s resolutions!

SQUAT!

Source: Giphy

Squat baby squat! For those of you new the fitness game..a squat is literally you squatting into an invisible chair. Remember to keep your feet planted to keep your balance, and when you come down your knees must be bent at a 90-degree angle!

Source: Giphy

Push-ups!

Remember those push-ups you had to do in 9th-grade gym? Well, that’s another quick workout you can do! When doing push-ups make sure to keep your back FLAT to avoid straining, and never lock your elbows when bringing your body up to prevent hyperextension!

Source: Giphy

Plank

The plank by far is not as easy as it looks!! If you try holding yourself up in a push-up position for 20 seconds your abs will be screaming, not to mention you can spare 20 seconds anytime you want to tighten those abs!

Hey! The name is Khaiara but people tend to call me Kay or Khai! I am a junior at Old Dominion, Human Service major and dog lover! I am a die hard humanitarian and my goal is to help people the best I can! The world is big and I just want to leave my mark! My hobbies include drawing, painting, and occasional blogging! Before I started writing for HC ODU I ran my own personal blog site http://www.discoveringwoman.com/. I love writing and plan to continue after I graduate. Follow me on social media if ya want @kaymurrlli