The Ultimate “Lady-like Friendship” is Depicted in Emma Jane Unsworth’s Animals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

Who doesn’t love a compelling tale of friendship between two equally funny and charming ladies? Laura and Tyler are best friends who live together, play together, and party together within the storybook town of Manchester, England. However, their antics are anything but the gentile, proper manners you’d find in any other British love story. Animals is ultimately a tale of lady-like (wink, wink) camaraderie, sex, good music, and the resurgence of youthful, albeit, drunken memories of mishaps. Basically… the exact same trials and tribulations of your freshman year!!! (If you did it right!) This two woman sorority and their jolly ways will keep you engaged throughout, wishing you were traipsing the streets of England with your best gal pal in hand with every turn of the page. While there’s plenty of sex, romance, and boys involved…those plotlines take a backseat to the multifaceted friendship at the center of it all. It’s unconditional love, sisterhood, and friendship all wrapped up in one. Alsoooo… there’s some truly beautiful and captivatingly poetic writing reminiscent of your favorite Victorian novel…except instead of depicting the visage of a lover, these words talk about tequila shots and hangovers. Give this a read for sure!

You can purchase Animals on Amazon.com for $8.34.

Image Credit.

Madison is a current Gallatin junior pursuing a concentration in Magazine Journalism and a minor in Nutrition. Besides obsessing over french bulldogs, peanut butter, and books, she aspires to be an editor someday. The city serves as her limitless inspiration, and you can most likely spot her in the park either writing away or leafing through magazines. She is currently the campus correspondent for Her Campus NYU and has previously interned and written for Bustle.com, Harper's Bazaar, Cosmopolitan and NYLON. She believes in freshly baked cookies and never taking herself too seriously. Except when it comes to her career, of course.  "Creativity is intelligence having fun." - Albert Einstein