The Ultimate HC Finals Survival Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

Finals season is not only the time where you’re holed up in your room cramming, but where you’re forced to buy things for other people. What?  What kind of monstrosity of a “holiday season” is this?  But not to worry: Her Campus and the sponsors behind their brand-new survival kit have just the things that those in the midst of academic turmoil can not only treat themselves to, but in which they may find necessity.

Cold-EEZEOk, you’re ready for this final; you’re going to wake up early and tackle each question and master the—-but wait.  Was that a sniffle?  Worry not, worrisome student, for Cold-EEZE exists.  That’s right; you don’t have to worry about an inappropriately appearing sickness keeping you from a full test-taking performance rate.  Cold and flu relief?  Check.  Cough, congestion, and/or sore throat?  It’s got it covered.  Thanks to its antioxidants and natural elements, your cold will be shortened and energy elongated in no time.

ChipotleNow that your impending sickness has been thwarted, your appetite’s back.  And what better to treat yourself then a nice Chipotle run?  These day the company is including more organic ingredients within its delicious delicious in what it is calling Food with Integrity, adding a little more “oompf” to the “integrity” with the fact it’s currently serving more naturally raised meat than any other restaurant chain.  Kind of glad you used that Cold-EEZE, aren’t you?

Kettle BrandOk, so full on mindless self-indulgence rampage is happening.  It’s finals after all, so who cares?  You’re still hungry, so now you can resort to eating some Kettle Brand popcorn or chips, flavors including “Maple Bacon Popcorn” and the ever-faithful “Potato Chip.”  Plus they can come in really cute “Hey Neighbor” burlap bags; you can’t resist.   

TREsemméNow that your stomach is overfilling with hope and happiness, time to clean of the study-grunge.  After you’ve dried off use TREsemmé 7 Day Keratin Smooth, the non-damaging smoothing system that’ll keep your hair poised no matter how many papers you have to write.  And while you’re at it, spritz it up with a little with some TREsemmé hairspray in order to keep those strands at bay.  While you’re at it you can even get some pretty sweet how-tos and style ideas by visiting their YouTube page.

LUNAYou wake up and it’s the day of your first final.  After all those years of your teachers saying how breakfast influences how well you do on a test, you panic: what to eat, what to eat?  You then spot a spirited, chocolate pepperment stick LUNAbar that sits glowing on your kitchen table.  It’s not artificial; has a ton of calcium and folic acid; is rich in fiber, antioxidants, and protein; and is pretty damn good.  You’re set, baby. 

The Timeline ProjectWhile you’re relaxing in preparation for your exam, you zoom through The Timeline Project on your computer.  Created by Bayer/Timeline Project, this neat site helps you build structure around your life by capturing goals, focusing in on them, and prioritizing them in a way that makes them happy.  Is there a future A in there, perhaps?

CamelBakOn your way over to the test, you confidently hold your CamelBak.  Yes: this spill-proof, durable, and adorably-colored container of refreshing liquids helps you wash down your LUNA and allows you to gain clarity in what you’re about to face.

chain & charcoalThere you have it: you’re done.  Now time to self-congratulate.  Check out chain & charcoal, a website that not has a ton of statement necklaces, bracelets, and rings to choose from, but also won’t put a dent in your wallet.  Hey– you deserve it.

BaubleBar.comBetter yet, see what else you deserve at BaubleBar.com, which features unique pieces such as bracelets featuring sayings like “#nofilter” from Emma Robert’s Guest Bartender collection.  And guess what?  Use the promo code HERCAMPUS at checkout before 12/31/2014 and you get 25% off your purchase! #savvyshopper!

AritziaSadly, though, statement jewelry can’t keep you warm.  Clothes, however, can.  Head on over to Aritzia, which curates a collection of fashion brands that “provides guests with a unique vision of what’s best every season.”  Plus it’s an award-winning retail leader in North America.  Not bad, huh?

CosabellaNow that you look good on the outside, make sure to look even better underneath.  Cosabella has the undies to do the trick.  Believing that “a woman’s lingerie should reflect her every mood,” the company comes out with vibrant, cutting-edge colors each season that’ll make you love what you’re wearing below.  Their manrta is “Freedom of Color”; keep in mind yours will soon be “Freedom from Finals.” 

Along with hummus, coffee, and Jon Hamm, Claudia's interests also include writing. She wishes to pursue a career in the editorial world and has experienced several previous editorial internships. She is currently studying Media, Culture and Communications at N.Y.U. along with an Italian minor.