Swag, Swag, Swag: Check Out the Sponsors Behind the Survival Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

America may be the land of the free, but nothing teaches you the love of the free like being in college. Deals, discounts, free swag: three things that sometimes seem exclusively for college students and something that college students should take advantage of.  Not only do these following esteemed establishments have great products available to the world (and particularly girls in school), but they were kind enough to give Her Campus CCs a “school survival kit” with deals, discounts, and free swag.  Here they are, and here’s why you should take them out:

Chipotle             First off, how could you not know Chipotle?  There was even a South Park episode about it!  Secondly, they’re form of “financial aid”–a buy one, get one free pass– is the only kind of financial aid a hungry girl needs.  

Soul Cycle

Soul Cycle is “indoor cycling re-invented.”  The creators behind this extremely popular phenomenon which exploded just over the last few years believes that fitness can not only be a joy, but something which grounds us in community.  After experiencing it with free passes, it’s worth the money.

Luna

So you’re hungry, but after using that Chipotle “financial aid” and going to Soul Cycle, you really don’t want to push it too far diet-wise?  Then grab a LUNA bar, the “perfect way of satisfying your cravings” that come in tiny packages and tiny treats with large, flavorful satisfaction.

Sweetgreen

Too hungry for a LUNA but still too health-conscious for Chipotle?  Check out Sweetgreen, with has foods both health and deliciously made with local and organic ingredients used from farmers the company knows and partners they trust, emphasizing the support and bond within the community.  Talk about guilt-free.  

Affinitas

Now that you’ve rode the bikes at Soul Cycle and kept your snacks to LUNA bars, you feel pretty good.  You can feel even better with Affinitas’s Cupcake Panties, which not only are extremely comfortable and come in pretty patterns, but have the best packaging ever created: origami cupcakes.  How could you pass that by?

Tamda Zap

Now even though you’re fit and feel great in some awesome new underwear, you still have a few of those pesty zits left over from high school.  But worry not: Tanda Zap is a pocket-sized zit zapper that combines blue LED light with sonic vibration and gentle warming to destroy acne-causing bacteria on skin and in pores, breaking the cycle of acne to clear pimples fast and having skin cleared within 24 hours.  Bye bye, blemishes. 

Garnier            Now keep those zits at bay with Gernier Blackhead Eliminated Scroub and Nourishing Cleansing oil.  Tightening pores, deeply cleansing, and ridding make-up is a few of many of their talents. 

Nasty Gal

Comfortable body, comfortable skin, and comfortable undergarments: now put in some clothes and do it Nasty. You probably knowNasty Gal, the global online stores with a brand as edgy as its name. They also just came out with custom totes made for college students this fall, so quickly–go buy!

Aeropostale

Not into the Nasty?  Then stick with Aeropostale, a brand as nostalgic as the teen days you wore them.  Now all grown up, this brand is just as good as it was (and always has been).  Check out their cloths, and also take a look at their new durable and lightweight LLD Sport Bottle , perfect for jogging (or Soul Cycle…whichever).

European Wax Center

So we’ve covered exercise and zits: now it’s time for a wax.  Check out the European Wax Center (there’s one just by campus on University) to check out their waxes and exfoliating gel.  Mmm…smooth skin.

Clue

Now time for some inner-dealings, more specifically that pain that comes every month_ the period.  Luckily they, meaning Clue, have an app for that, a free (yes, free) app so in tune with you it lets you know when your period is coming, when your mood is connected to your cycle, and the six days you’re most likely to get pregnant.  So, yeah: handier then Candy Crush.

Along with hummus, coffee, and Jon Hamm, Claudia's interests also include writing. She wishes to pursue a career in the editorial world and has experienced several previous editorial internships. She is currently studying Media, Culture and Communications at N.Y.U. along with an Italian minor.