New Man on Campus: Andew Hamilton

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

Our wonderful institution is switching it up a bit and so are we: this week’s campus celebrity is our soon-to-be sixteenth president, Andrew Hamilton (that’s Andrew, not Alexander).

Unless you automateically delete the school’s email (as many of you are wont to do), you’ll know that Professor Hamilton will be leaving his current position at Oxford University to replace John Sexton by the end of 2015.  Here’s a few things you should know:

1) Not only is he vice chancellor at Oxford, but he’s also held positions at schools such as Yale and Princeton

2) He was previously considerig a position at Texas State University: we’re glad he chose NY                     

3) His man schtick is organic and bio chem, hopefully bringing new research to our university as a result      

4) He’s married with three kids, one of whom is named Alastair, which is awesome              

So act while you still can: the amount of J-sexy hugs and high-fives are now limited.   

Along with hummus, coffee, and Jon Hamm, Claudia's interests also include writing. She wishes to pursue a career in the editorial world and has experienced several previous editorial internships. She is currently studying Media, Culture and Communications at N.Y.U. along with an Italian minor.