The Her Campus Guide to College Life: The Only Textbook You Will Ever Need

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

Serious question: does the word “textbook” have a positive connotation? 

Probably not, right?  After years of high schools and college, the word “textbook” not only makes you weep not only because of the impending work each textbook is sure to bring, but the heavy hit your bank accounts takes for a book you won’t even keep.

That is, until The Her Campus Guide to College Life.

Written by Stephanie Kaplan Lewis, Annie Chandler Wang, Windsor Hanger Western, and the various contributors to Her Campus, the Her Campus Guide to College Life is not just some book you can whimsically read.  Rather it is a textbook—the only textbook you will ever need (and keep)—because of the life lessons and suggestions they offer. 

This isn’t some dissertation written in a cold and scientific format, some theory you have to memorize than promptly forget as soon as your final grades turn up.  The Guide to College Life is relatable and, better yet, comes in handy because each and every person involved in the making of this book has gone through the experiences written about. Need advice on studying abroad?  Check.  How best to prevent car break-ins?  Got you covered.  And, as always, there’s always the relationship section that you can peruse when you find yourself romantically confused.

Go ahead: order your book now, and prepared to hear the word “textbook” in a totally different light.

Along with hummus, coffee, and Jon Hamm, Claudia's interests also include writing. She wishes to pursue a career in the editorial world and has experienced several previous editorial internships. She is currently studying Media, Culture and Communications at N.Y.U. along with an Italian minor.