Colin Burke: The Most Fashionable 30 Rock Fan You’ll Ever Meet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

The Deets:

• Name: Colin Burke
  • Hometown: Westwood, Mass.
  • School: Steinhardt
  • Major: Media, Culture, and Communications

HC NYU: Out of all the schools that you applied to, what made you choose NYU?

“I loved my program and I loved the location. I was dying to get out of my tiny hometown and go somewhere where things actually happened and everyone wasn’t the same.”

HC NYU: What is the biggest influence on your style?

“I love scrolling tumblr for #inspo but also the streets of NYC have been very inspiring. I always see things I love and try and do it my own way.”

HC NYU: If you could have dinner with anyone (alive or dead), who would it be at why?

“Taylor Swift because she’s Taylor Swift and she’d probably make a great dinner.”

HC NYU: What what the first film or television show that made you want to pursue a career in film?

“I always loved movies and TV shows when I was a kid, but it wasn’t until I was older that I really wanted to do something in TV/Film. It was probably  when I started watching “GIRLS” or “Scandal” and learning about Shonda Rhimes and Lena Dunham was when I was like ‘I want this!'”

HC NYU: What is your go-to clothing accessory?

“I love finding occasions to wear blazers.”

HC NYU: What have you enjoyed about NYU so far?

“I love the location and I love the opportunities NYU has given me. There’s so many cool and FREE events on campus that I’ve thoroughly enjoyed. Every movie I’ve wanted to see I’ve seen for free!”

HC NYU: If you could have three wishes granted, what would you ask for?

“1. Meet Taylor Swift, 2. Have a fulfilling career, 3. Eternal good health and happiness for my family, my friends, and I.”

And finally, just for fun: what’s your favorite…

Movie: Her

Food: Pizza

Book: Perks of Being a Wallflower

Music Artist: Taylor Swift

Trend: Crewneck Sweaters

Studying Media, Culture, and Communication at NYU.
Madison is a current Gallatin junior pursuing a concentration in Magazine Journalism and a minor in Nutrition. Besides obsessing over french bulldogs, peanut butter, and books, she aspires to be an editor someday. The city serves as her limitless inspiration, and you can most likely spot her in the park either writing away or leafing through magazines. She is currently the campus correspondent for Her Campus NYU and has previously interned and written for Bustle.com, Harper's Bazaar, Cosmopolitan and NYLON. She believes in freshly baked cookies and never taking herself too seriously. Except when it comes to her career, of course.  "Creativity is intelligence having fun." - Albert Einstein