This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

While the New York Fashion Week S/S 16 was a riot of stunning hair, makeup and of course, clothes, the street style during the shows received much spotlight. Now that it’s over, and we are left revelling in the post fashion week withdrawal, here are some inspirations for your daily style (hint: Fall Wardrobe) from the best of NYFW street style.

This year’s street style was full of patterns, pastels and bright colours that made appearances in a variety of maxi dresses, A line skirts, crop tops, overalls, and most importantly, off shoulder tops. Leather skirts were a hit, often paired with graphic tees and white sneakers. 

Moreover, the Utility trend (sports casual) was very high on the aesthetic list of chic NYFW goers, with Adidas tracksuits and bomber jackets making a few too many appearances, followed by graphic tees, comfortable denims, and sneakers.

Monochrome was another style that made a headlining display on the streets, and was spiced up by the attention to accessories. Handbags were bright and eye-catching, as was the fierce coloured cat eye-shadow trend, as portrayed famously by Gigi Hadid. Lastly, to combat the blazing heat, many models brought out their stylish sunglasses and effectively killed two birds with one stone.

Images: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5

Erin is a senior and former Campus Correspondent at NYU studying Comparative Literature and Music. On most days, you can find her at local coffee shops or cafés with her nose in a book. When she's not falling in love with fictional characters, she's blogging away on her lifestyle blog. If Erin is "busy", she is either in choir rehearsal or thinking of creative ways to conquer the literary world.