8 Spotify Playlists to Get You Through the Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

Do you ever feel frustrated when you can’t find the “right” playlist on Spotify? Or, do you tend to find yourself feeling bored by the selection of songs in your library? Well, here’s a list of the best playlists available on Spotify that will have you grooving throughout the day!

1) Discover Weekly

This playlist is one of our favorites here at Her Campus NYU! It’s likely that most of you already know about this playlist, but for those of you who are unfamiliar with it, prepare to be amazed. Discover Weekly is the perfect playlist when you’re looking for new music and want to play it safe. This playlist updates itself every Monday with fresh songs catered just for you based on what is saved to your library. By combining both new tracks and songs you probably skipped over in the past, Discover Weekly will definitely help you find a few new tracks you’ll want to save and listen to on repeat!

2) New Music Friday

Another classic on Spotify that you simply can’t miss. This playlist combines all the new songs released within the week, so you don’t have to worry about browsing the top charts. This playlist is designed especially for those of you who get tired of songs quickly. New Music Friday is the solution to your problem!

3) Under The Stars

Get lost in the acoustic sounds of the Under The Stars playlist as you drift into a deep sleep. This playlist consists of the perfect blend of calming instrumental tracks that will chase away your worries and make you sigh in appreciation. For those of you who can’t seem to turn their mind off at the end of the day and struggle to fall asleep, this playlist is the remedy you’ve been looking for. Get ready to relax and fall into a peaceful slumber!

4) All Out 00’s

Updated often, All Out 00’s features the songs we all grew up listening to, from Ne-Yo to Greenday. You’ll definitely have a smile on your face when you’re done listening to it!

5) Peaceful Piano

Just like the name suggests, this playlist is for those of you that are in need of some relaxation. Whether it’s trying to focus your mind on studying, or if you need a reprieve after a long and tiring day, this playlist will bring your overworked brain back to a normal and relaxed state. Get sucked in by these melodic tunes while you finally give in to exhaustion.

6) Move On & Don’t Look Back

Breakups are the worst, even when it’s something that we know has to be done. We’ve all been there: giving up on someone we thought we were going to be together with “forever.” This playlist is the motivation you need to forget about the past and move on. Relax, open up a tub of Ben & Jerry’s, and let the music empower you!

7) Teen Party

Find the best party beats to get your weekend started on this playlist. While the title sounds mainstream, it rarely disappoints. Put on your dancing shoes, turn up the volume on your speakers, and get ready to have a fun night out! This playlist will definitely get you in the mood.

8) Electro Workout

It’s not always easy getting your body out of bed and to the gym, especially before morning lectures. But, with this soundtrack as your background sound, it will be totally worth it! With some of the best of electro house pumping in your ears, you’ll be ready to take on anything! Whether it’s that extra mile on the treadmill or a few more squats, there’s no way these beats will let you give up. What are you waiting for? It’s time to hit the gym!

Images: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8

Nishka Dhawan is an NYU alumnus. She graduated with a double major in Psychology and Journalism and has been a freelance writer and blogger ever since. She's written for CNN Underscored, Mogul, and most recently started working as a tech writer for Digital Trends. When she's not writing you can find her nestling in with a good book while listening to her favorite tunes. Reach out to her at nishka1997@gmail.com to share your controversial opinions and stories.         
Grace is currently a senior at New York University majoring in Journalism and Media Studies. Although born in California and raised in Dallas, Texas, Grace considers Seoul, South Korea to be her home sweet home. At school, Grace serves as the Editor-In-Chief at Her Campus NYU, President at Freedom for North Korea (an issue very personal to her), and Engagement Director of the Coalition of Minority Journalists. She is currently interning at Turner's Strategic Communications team while serving as a PA at CNN. In her free time, Grace loves to sing jazz, run outside, read the news, go on photography excursions, and get to know people around her-- hence, her passion for conducting Her Campus profiles. She can be reached at: gracemoon@hercampus.com