5 Drinks to Keep You Warm This Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

1.     Chai Tea

If you happen to be one of the many chai tea addicts of NYU, rest assured that there are many outstanding chai spots all around Washington Square. Mudspot’s chai is served in their signature thick-rimmed, orange mugs, making it the perfect shot for your next Instagram post. The Bean is another cozy spot for chai tea, with fluffy pillows adorning their window seats to provide you with a peaceful place to study. For an extra large chai, head to Grey Dog. They have massive mugs of chai, and they leave in the teabag for you to decide how strong you would like your beverage.

2.     Coffee

Joe’s Coffee on University and East 8th Street offers unique, seasonal coffee flavors for winter, and their cold-brew is fantastic. Their Tiffany-blue hue cups will always brighten up your morning, and they have incredibly friendly baristas. If you are in the mood for a strong shot of espresso, take a stroll to any of the various Think Coffee locations around campus.

3.     Hot Chocolate

While the McNally Jackson bookstore in SoHo serves delectable hot chocolate, it is truly the perfect urban retreat for bookworms. Every McNally Jackson mug has a quote on the back from famous authors, and there are books on the ceiling, the shelves, and even in the form of wallpaper! Surrounded by intellectuals and literature-lovers, you will definitely be inspired to do your homework.

4.     Apple Cider

In between classes, take a walk through the Union Square Greenmarket. Open Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays, its vast array of local vendors serve the freshest apple cider you can find in the city. Plus, it’s organic! If you are looking for more of a “sit-down” location, grab brunch with your friends at Clinton Street Baking Company and be sure to order the apple cider.

5. Matcha Latté

City of Saints Coffee Roasters, a small yet cozy establishment, offers a mean Matcha latté. But, this isn’t your typical matcha: at City of Saints, the baristas blend fresh mint leaves into their green tea matcha blend, which adds a subtle, cool undertone to the drink. So, if you are seeking a beverage that offers a relaxing experience with less caffeine, this is the one for you.  

Hey, I'm Tiffanie Snyder! Studying MCC at NYU as a junior, I spend my time immersing myself in any kind of movie, book or magazine I can find. Chai tea is my beverage of choice, and I love almost all food. I have a Pomeranian named Tackle. I am writing for HerCampus's Blog section.
Grace is currently a senior at New York University majoring in Journalism and Media Studies. Although born in California and raised in Dallas, Texas, Grace considers Seoul, South Korea to be her home sweet home. At school, Grace serves as the Editor-In-Chief at Her Campus NYU, President at Freedom for North Korea (an issue very personal to her), and Engagement Director of the Coalition of Minority Journalists. She is currently interning at Turner's Strategic Communications team while serving as a PA at CNN. In her free time, Grace loves to sing jazz, run outside, read the news, go on photography excursions, and get to know people around her-- hence, her passion for conducting Her Campus profiles. She can be reached at: gracemoon@hercampus.com