10 Must-Have Foods for Your Gilmore Girls Viewing Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

The moment we have all been waiting for, November 25th, is almost here. After almost 10 long years, Gilmore Girls is finally making a comeback to bring us all the closure that we deserve. It is imperative that this momentous occasion be celebrated in true Gilmore fashion, with a whole lot of food. This 6 hour marathon binge is going to require a whole lot of fuel. But don’t worry, this list will ensure that you have all the delicacies needed to throw a premiere party that would make Lorelai and Rory proud.

1. Coffee

Coffee is basically its own character in this show. Once cannot channel their inner Gilmore if they are not fully caffeinated. Pass the cream, please.

2. Martini

Lorelai spent most episodes drinking martinis at Friday night dinners. It is only respectful that you spend the night drinking them too. Also, make sure you drink it out of your fanciest glass so you feel like you are right at home in Emily Gilmore’s mansion.

3. Chinese Take-Out

Because no Gilmore knows how to cook, Chinese take-out is a must. Here’s to to ultra greasy guilty pleasures.  

4. Pop Tarts

Lorelai started eating Pop Tarts as a symbol of rebellion against her strict parents. Support #teamlorelai by filling up on these sweet treats.

5. Pizza

The Gilmore’s pizza is both a lifestyle and a religion, and we all know that. Enough said.

6. Cheeseburger

Just pretend that Luke was the one who made it for you, and savor it while you can. Extra fries too, please.

7. Ice Cream

Take over Rory’s job and become the Ice Cream Queen that Taylor Doose always dreamed of. Also, make sure you channel Rory or Lorelai post break up and eat the whole pint right out of the carton.

8. Pancakes…and everything else

Al’s Pancake World is a Stars Hollow destination that is famous for serving all types of food, including mystery bags. Find the strangest cuisine you can and pretend you ordered it from Al’s.

9. Pie

Rory and Lorelai can be seen raving about this dessert in every season. This is perfect for this weekend because you will probably have some leftover from Thanksgiving anyway!

10. Doughnuts

Nothing will make you feel like you are sitting in Luke’s Diner more than a big tray of Doughnuts. The greasier and sweeter the better, of course.

Jamie Kaminer is a member of the NYU class of 2019 studying fashion business and economics in Gallatin.
Erin is a senior and former Campus Correspondent at NYU studying Comparative Literature and Music. On most days, you can find her at local coffee shops or cafés with her nose in a book. When she's not falling in love with fictional characters, she's blogging away on her lifestyle blog. If Erin is "busy", she is either in choir rehearsal or thinking of creative ways to conquer the literary world.