This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

As the hype around Tinder continues to slowly die out, it’s time to pay homage to some of the characters who graced the app. Below are but a few strange exchanges and questionable profiles, with a few submissions from some galpals. Tinder, you’ve provided much entertainment, though also slightly scarred me for life. [NSFW language]

1.       Oh yeah, I forgot that your Tinder bio is a synonym for ‘reviews of London venues’.

2.       That time I matched with Jesus.

3.       S L A Y. (submitted by Rianna).

4.       Those thought-provoking matches. (submitted by Ellie).

5.       I don’t know if Tinder is the place for this.

6.      Oh I thought we were gonna meet up and play a game of scrabble?

7.       Student by day, Lenton Lover by night. (submitted by Sally).

8.       Is ‘Hello’ not a thing we do anymore? (submitted by Georgina).

9.       Then again, even with the perfunctory greeting, it doesn’t always make things any better. (submitted by Ellie).

10.   You know them ones where it’s necessary to superimpose yourself on your own pictures?

11.   50 Shades – the saga continues.

12.   It’s cute when guys try to overcompensate. And by cute, I mean nauseating. (submitted by Rianna).

13.   You’ve never been with a black girl before? Please, oh please can I rectify that for you?

14.   Too sober to have this conversation. (submitted by Ellie).

15.   Rape jokes will never really perform well on Tinder.

16.   What a gent.

17.   You tried. (submitted by Naomi)

18.   Slicin’ that ego.

19.   Pls. (submitted by Ellie)

Sam is a Third Year at the University of Nottingham, England and Campus Correspondent for HC Nottingham. She is studying English and would love a career in journalism or marketing (to name two very broad industries). But for now, her favourite pastimes include nightclubs, ebay, cooking, reading, hunting down new music, watching thought-provoking films, chatting, and attempting to find a sport/workout regime that she enjoys!