Style Blog: 3 Ways to Wear – A Cream Blouse

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

The cream blouse, a staple item in most girls’ wardrobes, made cool and feminine by the likes of Alexa Chung and Olivia Palermo. There’s so many ways this simple piece of clothing can be dressed up or dressed down for any occasion. I’ve styled a basic sheer cream blouse by Topshop in three different ways: one for work, one for a night out with the girls and one for every girl’s favourite sport, shopping!

Outfit 1 – WORK:

Pinafore styles are so fashionable at the moment, despite some people saying they look a little schoolgirl-esque. I wore something very similar recently for an interview and had lots of compliments, so hopefully I didn’t look too young! I think layering one of these playsuits up with the cream blouse, some opaque black tights and a pair of heeled ankle boots keeps it looking a little more mature, and a few flashes of neon add a bit of edge to the outfit. Monochrome and neon are big trends this Spring/Summer too.

Pinafore – Topshop; Bag – Oasis; Boots – Topshop; Jewellery – Dorothy Perkins

Outfit 2 – NIGHT OUT:

I know most people wouldn’t really think of wearing a blouse on a night out, but I think dressing up with this pink oriental print skirt and a pair of matching sky-high heels would definitely dress it up for the occasion. Add a bit of opulent gold and cream jewellery and you’re good to go!

Skirt – Topshop; Shoes – Miss Selfridge; Necklace – Debenhams; Ring – Topshop

Outfit 3 – SHOPPING:

When you’re going on a big shop, there is one extremely important thing you need to remember – BE COMFORTABLE! There’s nothing worse than not being able to walk in the shoes you’re wearing or feeling like you’re having to make sure your skirt doesn’t ride up when you’re bargain hunting on the high street! Pairing this cream blouse with a pair of high-waisted jeans (and I can vouch for the ones I’ve featured being ridiculously comfy), a pair of flats and a pair of sunnies – just in case the sun wants to make an appearance hint hint – will keep you shopping in comfort and style till you (hopefully don’t) drop!

Jeans – Topshop; Bag – Topshop; Necklace – Mango; Shoes – Topshop; Sunglasses – Mango

Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine student at the University of Nottingham. I love all things catty and anything fashion related. I probably shop too much, probably..
Maddie studies American Studies at the University of Nottingham and is in her 4th year. She joined the Her Campus team on her year abroad at University of Illinois as a social media intern and now she and Anna are excited to open the University of Nottingham's chapter this September.