Snapped: My 5 Must Have Makeup Travel Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

I was lucky enough to have a reading week straight after exam period so I took the opportunity to take a quick holiday to Madrid and Italy. Student budgeting meant I flew with a budget airline, which makes it difficult to be able to bring a (imaginary) suitcase-sized worth of makeup. Here are the 5 products that I couldn’t live without every time I travel. 

1) Baptiste Dry Shampoo

There is no need to introduce this holy grail item. If you’re like me and have coloured hair, there is only so many washes before your toner washes all out and you’re left with brass. To prolong this from happening, Baptiste Dry Shampoo is great at tackling 2nd (and possibly 3rd) day hair. Spray the product at night just before you sleep. When you roll around in bed, it helps disperse the product more thoroughly into your roots so you wake up with fabulous hair.

2) Garnier Eye Roll on (in Fair)

They have two shades but this product is an absolute star in covering dark circles and blemishes. For travelling, if the shade matches your skin- you could actually use this as a light foundation. Just remember to bring a small sponge to help get an even coverage.

3) E.L.F eyelid Primer (in Sheer)

This eye primer only cost £1.95?! but it is one of the best products I have used and I would recommend it to anyone. It helps your eyeliner and eyeshadow hold for so much longer so you don’t look like a raccoon/panda as soon as you leave the house. It is easily applied using clean fingers. It also lightly conceals your eyelids for a more even application.

4) Vaseline

During these cold winter months, our lips need some extra TLC. This lipbalm is great because it hydrates and stays on your lips for a little bit longer compared to the stick form. You could also apply some to areas where you spray your perfume so it lasts longer.

5) Mark and Spencer; Mascara Correction Buds

These innovative cotton buds are great for travelling because it means you can touch up your makeup on the go without having to lug around bottles of makeup remover. One side of the bud snaps off and the liquid in the tube runs down onto the other side of the bud. These are a lifesaver for when the inevitable raccoon/panda stage does appear.