This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Name: Lizzie HeadYear: 1Course: Plant Science. 

Although bright pop colours are always appreciated, it’s a hell of a lot easier to appreciate them against a white snowy background. Lizzie has used a lot of bright contrasting colours in her outfit and it looks amazing. Her yellow cardigan from H&M is particularly lovely to see on a cold winters morning – plus because it is from H&M we can be pretty sure that it is cheap as well. 

Not wanting to be cold, but also not wanting to cover up all the colours with a boring coat, Lizzie has opted to throw on a Fat Face gilet to stay warm. As well as keeping her warm, the cut also highlights the yellow of her sleeves and creates a muted base for her colours to stand out against. 

She has accessorised her outfit with a green scarf and a bright red bag. The bag is the perfect size for hauling lots of heavy books and lecture notes, and the bright colour means that you will never get bored of it. Not one to do things by half, Lizzie has also got some seriously bright colours on her nails as well. Her nail art colours are from Barry M (orange) and Miss Sporty (blue.)  ​

Rachel Bates

Nottingham

20 year old student from Manchester. Studying Nutrition and Dietetics at Nottingham Uni. Interested in fashion, acting, reading and cooking.