This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Hey Collegiettes! Remember the 90s when everyone thought horoscopes were so cool and so accurate? It said I was going to be travelling and it was right (it was a bank holiday weekend but still! It’s psychic!) Drawing from this fun memory I revisited the horoscope pages and collected the planets and symbols of the signs along with their supposed personality traits, then chose the perfect nail colour for each sign. If horoscopes aren’t your thing there are still some great nail varnish recommendations in there! Happy nail varnish hunting!

Aries – 21st March  – 20th April

The ram is the symbol for Aries, your planet is Mars and your element is fire. Aries are known for being confident, adventurous and impulsive. They always stand up for what they believe in and are good at sticking up for people.

Perfect nail colour: Fiery red

Le Vernis Nail Colour – Rouge Rubis (677)

This colour is perfect to reflect the passionate and self-confident nature of Aries. Whether they’re going to an all out dressy Coco Tang night or hanging out in their room this colour looks completely natural on them!

Taurus – 21st April – 21st May

The bull is the symbol for Taurus, your planet is Venus and your element if earth. Taurus are said to be dependable, reliable and loyal. They are considered strong and silent (like a Bull!)

Perfect nail colour:  Midnight blue

Barry M – Navy (292)

The beauty of this dark shade represents the strong and silent nature of the Taurus bull. The navy blue isn’t a pop summerish just-for-now kind of look that you’ll get sick of! This shade is a signature look.

Gemini – 22nd May – 21st of June

Twins are the symbol for Gemini, your planet is Mercury and your element is air. Gemini are recognised as excellent communicators, inquisitive and happy. They are also known for being bad at turning up on time!

Perfect nail colour: Chatty yellow

Jessica Nail Colour – Yellow lightning

Yellow is a fun and sensational way for a Gemini to show off their cheerful and playful nature. You’ll never catch a Gemini being too serious. This happy go lucky colour suits them to the ground!

Cancer – 22nd June – 23rd of July

The crab is Cancer’s symbol, your planet is the moon and your element is water. Cancers are family orientated and identified as empathic and understanding people. They are rumoured to be lucky on Mondays!

Perfect nail colour: Soft pink

Opi – Coney Island Cotton Candy (NL L12)

Every Cancer sweetheart loves being girly. This cotton candy cutie pie look is reflective of a Cancer who is always sweet and kind.

Leo – 24th July  – 23rd of August

The lion is Leo’s symbol, your planet is the sun and your element is fire. Leo’s are optimistic, energetic and fun. They have big hearts and love to be around lots of people.

Perfect nail colour: Bold gold

Opi – All Sparkly and Gold

Known for to have a flare for making a scene, Leos will love this look as it’s feisty, different and has a bit of a Queen Bey vibe to it.

Virgo – 24th August – 23rd September

Virgo’s symbol is the Virgin maiden, your ruling planet is Mercury and your element is the Earth. Virgo’s are said to be perfectionists, practical and very patient. Virgo’s have a tight grasp on reality.

Perfect nail colour: Earthy tones

Butter London – British Racing Green Nail Lacquer

Virgo’s are perfectionists! This gorgeous shade of green isn’t too playful nor dark. It’s an elegant look that’ll go with your outfit!

Libra – 24th September – 23rd of October

Balance is Libra’s symbol, Venus is your planet and your element is air. Libras are identified by their cheerful social nature. They are considered to be mediators!

This colour is a cute social butterfly kind of colour whilst being totally calm and wonderful for a mediator. You could say it’s got the perfect balance!

Perfect nail colour: Cute coral

Nails Inc – Portobello Polish

Scorpio –  22nd October – 21st November

Scorpio’s symbol is the scorpion, your planet is Pluto and your element is water. Scorpios are known for their passion, charisma and mystifying nature. They have no patience of unfaithfulness.

Perfect nail colour:  Mysterious purple

Opi – Lincoln Park After Dark Purple Nail Polish (W42)

Ever mystifying and stylish, Scorpios will love this beautiful shade of purple. It reflects their personalities well as the purple begins with a chic light colour and then transcends into a stunning dark purple – which is guaranteed a second look!

Sagittarius – 23rd November – 21st December

Sagittarius’ symbol is the Archer, your planet is Jupiter and your element is fire. A Sagittarius is honest, bright and flirty. A Sagittarius has a way with words!

Perfect Nail colour: Dusky pink

Opi – Aphrodite’s Pink Nightie Nail Lacquer

The Sagittarius has looks and smarts disproving the stereotype that you can only have one or the other! Therefore this shade of pink is just right! It’s flirty and pretty without trying too hard.

Capricorn – 22nd December – 20th January

The symbol of the Capricorn is the goat, Saturn is your ruling planet and your element is Earth. A Capricorn is calm, loyal and hardworking. They are known for their ability to fit into their surroundings with complete ease!

Perfect nail colour: Black beauty

Chanel Le Vernis – Black Pearl

This black isn’t your plain goth phase dark black it’s a beautiful dark and milky mix of black and silver tones. These colours work in any situation from lectures to Crisis just like the Capricorn who can fit in anywhere!

Aquarius – 21st January – 19th February

The symbol of Aquarius is the water bearer, your planet is Uranus and your element is air. Aquarius are recognised by their friendly, creative and compassionate nature. They make friends really easily and love everyone.

Perfect nail colour: Gorgeous sunset

Liberty – Smitten Pink Orange Shimmer Nail Varnish

The girl who makes friends really easily and can breeze by your friends (who she’s never even met) and make friends in 5 minutes flat – the Aquarius. Known from their ease and loveliness, this sunset colour is great to show off the light and friendly nature of an Aquarius.

Pisces – 20th February – 20th March

The symbol of Pisces is the fish, your ruling planet is Neptune and your element is water. Pisces are intuitive and rational people who try to help everyone around them. They are interested in music and art.

Perfect nail colour: Serene mermaid

Essie – Naughty nautical

Pieces people are good souls who are kind to their friends. This colour captures their loyal natures and creativity.

Did you get what you wanted? Drop us a comment below or Instagram us your new nails!