This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Name: Nick Slater

Hometown: Bristol

Degree: Russian and French

Year: 4

Campus involvement: Nottingham New Theatre, URN (Slater and Suttie 11am-1pm Wednesdays #shamelessplug), F.K.A NUTS, Slavonic Society President, Course Rep.

Dream job: Blue Peter presenter or Radio 1 DJ or MI6 Russian spy (but sshhh that’s secret).

Personal claim to fame: My dad is Nigel Slater (chef and food writer).

Fun fact: When I was a kid I saw Liz Barker the Blue Peter presenter in an airport and I got so excited / nervous that I nearly pooed myself and so I never got to speak to her because I had to run to the toilet… She wasn’t even my favourite presenter, although she was part of the fantastic four (Simon, Konnie, Matt & Liz). I also wrote to Blue Peter aged 17 but they said I was too old for a badge so I got a signed photo instead…

Most embarrassing uni moment?: Standing in the middle of the Portland Building in a kimono singing ‘Danger! High Voltage’ live on URN or filming a ‘sex scene’ for The Edge in my Cavendish bedroom and then on Portland D floor.

Signature Dish?:  Nick and Nav’s Enchiladas ft. fresh Guacamole or anything with avocado and / or aubergine. (Oh and I make a mean Lemon Meringue Pie thanks to my Nana’s secret recipe).

Where can you be found on a Friday night in Notts?: Watching this week’s show at the NNT or slut dropping in Ocean .

Final year English Language and Literature student. Likes: cheese, the colour black, and bearded men.
Sam is a Third Year at the University of Nottingham, England and Campus Correspondent for HC Nottingham. She is studying English and would love a career in journalism or marketing (to name two very broad industries). But for now, her favourite pastimes include nightclubs, ebay, cooking, reading, hunting down new music, watching thought-provoking films, chatting, and attempting to find a sport/workout regime that she enjoys!