Must-Try Foods at Walt Disney World and Universal Studios Orlando

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Whether you’re a first-timer or a seasoned pro, visiting Disney World and Universal Studios can leave you overwhelmed with choice: which rides? Which characters? Which shops? And, most importantly, which food? With so many options spread throughout the parks, it’s hard to know where to go first. Instead of wasting precious food opportunities on standard hotdogs and chips, here’s a guide to the best park foods which you simply have to try! Enjoy!

Dole Whip, Magic Kingdom and Polynesian Resort

This tropical treat will give you that holiday feeling from the first mouthful, making it a Magic Kingdom essential. If you’re feeling fruity and want to mix it up a bit, the Dole Whip Float is the one for you.

Mickey-shaped anything!

It’s almost impossible to go to a Disney park and not eat something shaped like Mickey Mouse. If you’re struggling with all the choice, the Mickey Bar is an all-time favourite, and it also makes for a great Instagram!

Frozen Lemonade, Hollywood Studios

In the Floridian heat, stops for refreshing drinks are essential and this ice-cold lemonade is sure to do the job. Think Tango Ice Blasts with a citrus twist.

Grey Stuff at Be Our Guest, Magic Kingdom

Beauty and the Beast Fans can fulfil their childhood dreams by dining on the dessert made famous in the song ‘Be Our Guest’.

Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshake at 50’s Prime Time Café, Hollywood Studios

Make your own favourite flavour combo with a fifties throwback in this fun themed café. Expect the thickest of milkshakes and you won’t be disappointed.

Butterbeer at Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Universal Studios

Whether you choose to taste butterbeer as a slush, drink or ice cream, it’s bound to be a magical experience.

Strawberries and Cream Macaroon Ice cream sandwich at France Pavilion, Epcot 

Combining two of your favourite desserts, it’s hard to go wrong with this pretty French treat.

Turkey Legs

For those who are more carnivore than cookie monster, this is the iconic Disney food for you.

Funnel Cake at America Pavilion, Epcot

If you’re in Florida for the all-American experience, head across the Epcot pond for a taste of the USA. Expect a cross between churros and waffles covered in ice cream. The perfect mid-afternoon snack to fuel your trip around the world.

Kitchen Sink Sundae at Beaches and Cream, Disney’s Beach Club Resort

The name says it all. Whilst I could list everything Beaches and Cream throw into this famous sundae, there’s no need; imagine everything you could ever want and it’s bound to be in there. I just hope you’ve got a big enough appetite!

Character Breakfast, Various Locations

This is one experience which is not all about the food. The chance to get up close and personal with some of your childhood favourites makes the Character Breakfast a perfect way to spend a morning in Disney World. And don’t get me wrong, your tummy is bound to leave happy too!

Carrot Cake Cookie, Hollywood Studios

Double carrot cake sandwiched together with cream cheese icing; what more could a girl want? As our Campus Correspondent Em’s all-time fave, it’s 100% worth a try!

HUGE Lard Lad Doughnut at The Simpson’s Fast Food Boulevard, Universal Studios

The immersive trip to Springfield wouldn’t be complete without Homer’s favourite snack, never mind a giant version of it. The big question is: to share, or not to share?

Edited by Tia Ralhan

Sources

https://spoonuniversity.com/place/disney-world-50-best-things-to-eat-in

http://disney.urbantastebud.com/best-disney-snacks-desserts-treats-sweets/

http://www.travelandleisure.com/trip-ideas/disney-vacations/best-disney-world-food

https://www.raegunramblings.com/2015/09/what-to-eat-at-universal-orlando-and-the-wizarding-world-of-harry-potter.html

Image Sources

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

Emily Talbut

Nottingham

I'm a third year English student at University of Nottingham and when I'm not working or writing, I'm probably watching a Disney movie or listening to one of their soundtracks! I'm a Campus Correspondent for HC Nottingham and generally write about food, travel, and the food I've experienced on my travels!