samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Home vs. Hallward

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

The eternal debate. To get dressed and haul yourself to Hallward or study at the comfort of your own desk (or rather, bed)? Let’s weigh up the pros and cons:

At home, the temptation to eat is often too strong and that’s kinda distracting 

So at Hallward there are studious people who in their studious-ness may inspire you 

But at home, you can have any kind of nervous breakdown without fear of judgement 

Though at Hallward, there are books with stuff in that you might need to know

However at home you are free to be as wild as you want with your working methods. Put post-it notes on walls. Do a dance. Be free. Be angry. Be wild.

But at Hallward, a study sesh can potentially be a great way to motivate each other. Maybe?

At home, hot beverages are readily available and will probably help your sanity

And at Hallward, silent study can be darn infuriating

But walking to Hallward might clear your mind and get you some exercise. No?

Let’s be honest, the temptation of ‘working’ at home is often too strong

Either way, choose wisely. Or just choose. We’ll all go slightly mad wherever we study.

Edited by Harriet Dunlea

Sources:

Buzzfeed.com

leicester.tab.co.uk

emmibumblebee.tumblr.com

seriouslysarah.net

mic.com

glee.wikia.com

www.itsadoglickbabyworld.com

giphy.com

www.pinterest.com

www.crushable.com

www.hercampus.com

tumblr.com

Naomi Upton

Nottingham

Naomi is a third year English student at Nottingham University and Co-Editor in Chief of HC Nottingham. Naomi would love a career in journalism or marketing but for now she spends her time beauty blogging, attempting to master the delicate art of Pinterest, being an all-black-outfit aficionado, wasting time on Buzzfeed, going places, taking pictures and staying groovy. 
Harriet Dunlea is Campus Correspondent and Co-Editor in Chief of Her Campus Nottingham. She is a final year English student at the University of Nottingham. Her passion for student journalism derives from her too-nosey-for-her-own-good nature.