Her Campus Nottingham’s 1st Birthday!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

In the last couple of weeks, we at HC Nottingham celebrated our first birthday. In honour of this occasion, we decided to hold a coffee afternoon and bake sale to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support. Our birthday party was held at The Ropewalk Pub in Nottingham, and there were many scrummy goodies on sale, including our beautiful birthday cake!

Amongst the lovely chatter of our visitors and staff, we managed to raise over £70 for our chosen charity. Thank you to The Ropewalk, Caked Bakes, and all our big-hearted volunteers who baked and helped out on the day. We look forward to seeing you all at our next event! 

Sheetal studied History at the University of Nottingham and was Campus Correspondent during her final year, before graduating in July 2014. She is currently jumping between jobs, whilst still writing for HC in her spare time. She may or may not be some of these things: foodie, book addict, world traveller (crazy dreamer!), lover of cheese, Australian immigrant, self-proclaimed photographer, wannabe dancer, tree hugger, lipstick ruiner, curly-haired and curious. She hopes for world peace and dreams that someday, cake will not make you fat.