This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Despite being horribly swamped in essays and revision, the sun has finally made its appearance and reminded us that there is an end to the torture and summer is just around the corner. And that means it’s finally festival season! After envying from a (very long) distance, Coachella set the standards for festival fashion, so whether you’re going to Glasto, Parklife or Hideout, we’ve got the trends that look likely to be everywhere this summer…

Chokers

In the past few months, chokers have had a massive revival thanks to the fashion inspiration from the 90s, and at Coachella they were seen on anyone and everyone. From the queen of Coachella, Vanessa Hudgens, to Alessandra Ambrosio and Bella Thorne, they seemed to be the accessory no one could go without. Keep them slim and simple to keep the trend modern, or go all out to embrace the festival atmosphere.

Underwear as Outerwear

The underwear as outerwear trend isn’t going nowhere any time soon, and Victoria’s Secret angels, Taylor Hill and Josephine Skriver, were out to prove it. Endorsing their brand by wearing both padded and the new unlined bralettes, the girls and many others proved that wearing your underwear uncovered is totally acceptable, and we reckon we’ll see a lot more of this in the upcoming months.

Spice Girl Buns

A few years ago we never thought we’d be saying this, but Baby Spice buns are back! In another nod to the 90s, Katy Perry and Kendall Jenner looked like they were having a great time, Kendall keeping hers relaxed and messy with glitter down the parting, which we love, and Katy mixing hers up in pastel pink. These are perfect for 3-days unwashed festival hair as it hides the grease (and probably dirt!), and keeps it out of your face and off your neck – particularly when it’s hot and sweaty!

Pastel Hair

Another huge hair trend set for 2016 is pastel coloured hair. Shown by Poppy Delevingne in candy floss pink and Kylie Jenner in a long peach wig, it seems like pastel is the way to go if you’re thinking about colouring your hair for the summer for a cool new look. With so many pretty shades it’s hard to know which one to choose!

Metallic Lips

This year, Kylie pretty much stole the crown for her Coachella looks, and took the opportunity to debut her new Kylie Lip Kits in metallic shades. The style has been seen all over the internet ever since, and its definitely on its way to become the number one summer trend. Shaking up the matte lipsticks that have become the norm in the past few years, metallic looks fun and even better in the sun! We can’t wait to give this a go. 

Only a few weeks to go until we can take on summer!