This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

As a huge Harry Potter fan, I was more than excited when the first Fantastic Beasts movie was released. Excitement turned into elation when Warner Bros. announced that they would be extending the Harry Potter prequel to five whole movies, and so my expectations were high when the teaser trailer for the second instalment was announced.

The enchanting trailer opens with the grounds of Hogwarts, bringing back so many memories from the first films. Then, we are treated to a glimpse of Jude Law as a young Albus Dumbledore, whom I must say delivers a witty line that is very true to character. Although there are those who are sceptical about Law taking on the iconic role, I argue that we haven’t seen enough of him yet to pass judgement. However, I have faith that, along with the rest of the casting choices, Law will perform the character to the best of his ability.

We are then transported back to our fond memories of the first Fantastic Beasts movie when we see Newt Scamander and Jacob Kowalski reunite, clearly embarking on their new adventures together. With just the right amount of comic timing, it’s comforting to fans of the first movie that Jacob’s ending was not as final as we initially thought. Whilst the trailer doesn’t give too much away, it’s exciting to think about what the duo is plotting next.

The same can also be said for the character of Credence, played by Ezra Miller. There is definitely a mysterious element to his character and his obscurist gifts which leaves the viewer feeling slightly uneasy, even though our encounter with him is only brief. Miller plays up the creepiness to just the right degree, and his performance should reassure fans in the casting of the whole franchise.

There are so many elements to the teaser trailer, and it’s exciting to glimpse the new discoveries in the film. Whilst it initially seems very British, we are given a tour of many magical hotspots throughout the world, including America and Paris. Although some might critique that this degrades the charm of the British nature akin to the Harry Potter movies, I argue that the expansion opens up the potential for ever more magical stories and is just what fans craving more of the Wizarding World on the big screen needed. If this teaser is anything to go by, then I’m holding on to my expectations for the full trailer and the film itself.

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald is due for release in the UK on 16 November 2018.

By Chloe Clarke

Edited by Tia Ralhan

Image Sources

1

2

Contributor account for HC Sonoma
Emily Talbut

Nottingham

I'm a third year English student at University of Nottingham and when I'm not working or writing, I'm probably watching a Disney movie or listening to one of their soundtracks! I'm a Campus Correspondent for HC Nottingham and generally write about food, travel, and the food I've experienced on my travels!