jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fall Essentials For Your Wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

In the UK it’s hard to make a complete change in your wardrobe considering there is barely any summer and it might or might not rain for the rest of the year. However, there are a few items that we can trust for Fall, Winter and even Spring. Below is a very concise gathering of items for all the seasons of the year. A great tip is to layer up or down to adjust each outfit- you won’t always have the opportunity to revamp your wardrobe, so take advantage of what you own!

1. Topshop fedora hat £35.00 – I personally love to play around with accessories and hats, however, the university environment is more relaxed and casual, and I haven’t gained the courage to wear my own fedora on campus (but I will!). A fedora hat will completely transform your look into a more dressier one, but, nonetheless, you will look and feel fabulous.

2. Boohoo biker jacket £35.00 – No longer a garment reserved for motorcyclists and military aviators, girls have taken this item into their wardrobes and revolutionized the way it’s worn. It’s not the warmest piece but its definitely fashionable and trendy!

3.River island jumper £32.00 – Jumpers are perfect for layering, so you can wear it with something underneath or  with a coat on top. The material is super comfy and its basic color will go with anything. Pair it with jeans and you have a relaxed outfit perfect for spending an afternoon in the library or with a mid length skirt for a date night!

4. Topshop Chelsea boots £45.00 – The Chelsea boots have been an all-time favorite for quite a while now. These boots will keep your outfit looking polished and because of their classic black color and sleek design, you will walk around campus wearing comfortable boots and looking fashionable. You can wear them with cuffed jeans for a relaxed look or a skirt and tights for a dressier look.

5. H&M bag £29.99 – It’s a very popular item for this fall, especially for university students, as it’s size will perfectly fit everything you need for the day, including laptop and books. The price is quite accessible and its  sturdy material, which is an imitation of leather, looks very high fashion and durable.

6. Asos heeled sandal £30.00 – Even thought it’s almost winter, there are some timeless items that you must keep in hand for going on a night out, and an example of that are these heeled sandals. They are very stylish and will complement your outfit without drawing too much attention to them. These sandals can be paired with any dressier outfit you have and will also go perfectly with jeans and a dressier top for a girls catch-up over drinks.

7. Sleek Lipstick (plum shade lipstick) £4.99 – A lot of celebrities and fashion bloggers have been spotted with the ‘berry lips’. As gothic as dark lipstick may sound, this lipstick color its bold, daring, and very trendy. Opt for a subtler shade of berry if you have a pale skin, for olive skin get a richer and more vivid shade, and for darker skin choose a deep wine or plum tone.

Edited by Amelia Bauer-Madden

Sam is a Third Year at the University of Nottingham, England and Campus Correspondent for HC Nottingham. She is studying English and would love a career in journalism or marketing (to name two very broad industries). But for now, her favourite pastimes include nightclubs, ebay, cooking, reading, hunting down new music, watching thought-provoking films, chatting, and attempting to find a sport/workout regime that she enjoys!