Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Nottingham Celebrities

Trishna Daswaney - Charity Makeup Artist

By Samantha Carey
April 8, 2014 - 4:00am

Her Campus spoke to Trishna Daswaney, Management Studies student and Co-owner of KohlKreatives, a charitable hair and makeup company. We were lucky enough to have Trishna help us at our recent Fashion Party in aid of Coppafeel, and were intrigued to hear that she regularly gives a huge chunk of her profits to charity, as well as personally helping people with illnesses who want to feel a bit more comfortable in their own skin. Trishna told us about the charity side of her work and also let us delve in to her own makeup bag!   READ MORE

Kimberley Bond - Fashion Society President

By Clare Evans
April 1, 2014 - 8:00am

We know that many students here at Nottingham are crazy about fashion and working the latest catwalk trends to express their style and individuality. We spoke to 2nd year English student, Kimberley Bond, also known as the president of Fashion Soc! Kimberley let us in on the society’s recent trip to one of the biggest fashion centres – Paris – and her views on the fashion industry plus this season’s trends! What made you want to take on your role in the fashion society? READ MORE

Alex Turner: UoNSU Education Officer Candidate 2014

By Samantha Carey
March 13, 2014 - 12:11pm

Our final interview with the SU candidates is Alex Turner, 3rd year Geography student from 'London/Essex', who is running for the role of Eduction Officer. We spoke to Alex about the changes he wants to see happen to education at UoN, the experience he's had to prepare him for this job, and a real-life encounter with Brangelina...     Tell us what’s involved in being Education Officer. READ MORE

Johnny Lawrence - SU Presidential Candidate 2014

By Samantha Carey
March 11, 2014 - 8:22pm

Her Campus were thrilled to finally meet Johnny Lawrence, SU Presidential Candidate 2014. Mostly because he proved difficult to pin down for an interview; in his words, Johnny ‘doesn’t really follow a plan’. The Psychology MSc student from Hextable, Kent talked to us in depth about the practicalities of some of his policies, revealed one that wasn’t even allowed on the manifesto, and opened up about his love life…     Can you tell us what’s involved in the role of President? READ MORE

Mike Abiodun Olatokun: SU Community Officer Candidate 2014

By Samantha Carey
March 11, 2014 - 2:24pm

Her Campus spoke to Mike Abiodun Olatokun, a third year Law student originally from Nigeria but now living in Birmingham, about his campaign for SU Community Officer 2014. He told us about his vast experience within the SU and wider community, and why this makes him the man for the job!     Tell us what’s involved in being Community Officer, in your opinion. READ MORE

Joe Caunce - Activities Officer Candidate 2014

By Samantha Carey
March 11, 2014 - 5:00am

On Monday we met with Joe Caunce, one of the candidates for 2014 Activities Officer. The 2nd year History student from St. Albans told us about some of the great work he’s done for charity since he’s been at Uni and his passion for getting everyone involved in societies. He also revealed a genuine phobia of Lord Voldemort and an impressive family connection to a musical legend…     We had a stalk of your campaign page and it looks like you’ve been campaigning VERY heavily. How are you bearing up? Do you ever sleep? READ MORE

Callum Morris - SU Presidential Candidate 2014

By Samantha Carey
March 10, 2014 - 8:18am

Today is the turn of Callum Morris, 2nd year History and Politics student from Hemel Hempstead. After changing his course after first year, Callum has been at Nottingham for three years and is ready to make some big changes to the SU!  He spoke to us about his determination to see the much-discussed Lenton Hub actually happen, the reason for those minions, and a true dedication to Ocean Friday...     Tell us what you think the role of President is. READ MORE

Chloe Averill - SU Equal Opps and Welfare Officer Candidate 2014

By Samantha Carey
March 8, 2014 - 4:03pm

We met with the delightful Chloe Averill on the first day of voting. The third-year Management Studies student from Birmingham was something of a small whirl of orange campaign T-Shirt and sore throat as she rushed in to our interview – I narrowly avoided the urge to insist she put her feet up for half an hour and have a nice cuppa and a speed-nap. Chloe filled us in on her policies, the work she’s done with Nottingham’s Green Light Project, and she even told us a cheeky kiss-and-tell from her past!     READ MORE

Kiri Madhani - SU Sports Officer Candidate 2014

By Rebecca Cooper
March 7, 2014 - 4:00am

This week we caught up with Kiri Madhani, who had just come from a training session of Ultimate Frisbee! Kiri is one of six candidates running for Sports officer to replace Tom Hicks (who gives you kicks!).     Profile Subject: Psychology Year: 3 Previous Roles: IMS Chair (oversees all hall and society sport, working closely with Tom Hicks and chairing the Sports Exec). Women’s Football 2nd Team Vice Captain
  READ MORE

Katie Williams - SU President Candidate 2014

By Hannah Rought
March 6, 2014 - 9:05am

Her Campus spoke to Katie Williams, the only female candidate for SU President this year. Katie, a third-year Law student from Wales, told us why she wants to shake the SU up. Incredibly eccentric and far from a BNOC, Katie’s main aim is to make the SU more transparent and approachable.     Your campaign slogan is One Promise, why?    READ MORE