Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Nottingham Celebrities

Study Break: An Interview With K Stewart

By Paula Akpan
September 29, 2014 - 4:00am

In a time where electronic music reigns supreme in the UK, K Stewart has worked this to her advantage, using a hybrid of house and R&B beats to support and compliment her powerful voice. Kate, who has performed as Bondax’s live vocalist and featured on TCTS’s track ‘Games’, is now breaking out as a solo artist. She showcases her vocal abilities with tracks like ‘Tell Me ‘Bout That’ and ‘Speechless’, both produced by Karma Kid. They received around 150,000 and 190,000 plays respectively, making her one to watch in the coming year.   READ MORE

Benjamin Sim Wei Ming – A Cappella Society

By Jenine Tudtud
September 25, 2014 - 4:00am

Freshers week may be over but it’s never too late to join societies! The Student Union is busting with new societies this year and we couldn’t help but notice one that may allow us to take our singing out of the shower (I’ll try and not belt out my rendition of “Don’t Stop Believin’” but I won’t make any promises). A Cappella is the University of Nottingham’s first ever A Cappella group and what better way to find out what they’ve got to offer than by chatting to their president, Benjamin Sim Wei Ming. READ MORE

Study Break: An Interview With Billon

By Paula Akpan
September 22, 2014 - 4:00am

London-based duo, Billon (Ed Butler and Robbie Lamond) have been on a steady upward rise with their eclectic sound which takes from garage, techno and house. Impressing the likes of Annie Mac, Skream and Mistajam, these Rinse-signed two show no signs of stopping anytime soon. Their latest track, Special, featuring Maxine Ashley, has reached over 100,000 plays on Soundcloud, whilst remixes of Ella Eyre and Yasmin have hit well over 220,000 listens each. Her Campus had a little timeout with them to find out more about Billon’s origins, what they’ve been up to over the summer and their feelings towards cats and dogs… READ MORE

Study Break: An Interview With Bodhi

By paulaakpan
September 2, 2014 - 9:48am

Electronic music has reached an electrifying place. Many producers are constantly testing the boundaries by blending the sounds of groove, techno, bass, house, funk and countless other styles to create new and exciting musical forms, thrilling fans and inspiring other producers within the same genre. Bodhi, a DJ duo of Olly Howells and Luke Welsby, epitomise exactly this as they fuse dance music with groove and funk sound which has proved popular as ‘Imperfection’ reached nearly 650,000 plays on Soundcloud and their take on The xx’s ‘Angels’ was listened to just under 2,500,000 times. Her Campus caught up with them to learn a bit about their roots, their musical style and get an insight on upcoming projects....

Anna & Maddie - Founders of HC Nottingham!

By Sheetal Mistry
June 16, 2014 - 4:00am

As HC Nottingham reaches the end of its second amazing year, we couldn't help but feel a little nostalgic. This time last year we were saying goodbye to the girls who brought Her Campus to Nottingham - the founders and first ever co-editors, Anna Teale and Maddie Wilson. We wouldn't be here without them! A year on we caught up with them to share the memories and see what they've been up to!   How did you get involved with Her Campus in the first place? READ MORE

Robin & Bethan - Christian Society's New Exec

By Beth Rowland
May 26, 2014 - 4:00am

The end of the academic year means society committee elections! Her Campus caught up with Christian Society’s new President and Vice-President for 2014-15, Bethan and Robin!   How long have you been involved with NUCU? We actually met each other on the first night of Freshers Week at a CU event, and I suppose we've both been involved in NUCU in some way ever since!   Explain to us what your role(s) as President and Vice-President of NUCU will involve. READ MORE

Shenin Anowar - UoN's EPSA Delegate

By Jenine Tudtud
May 19, 2014 - 4:00am

Shenin Anowar is a first year Pharmacist student who is this year’s University of Nottingham’s delegate at the annual congress, known as European Pharmaceutical Student’s Association (EPSA), in Hungary. Picked as the representative for Nottingham and as one of the 5 British students there, Her Campus talked to her about her experience this year. So first of all, how does the EPSA work?                         READ MORE

Sarah Dear - Impact’s New Editor-in-Chief 2014-15

By Beth Rowland
May 12, 2014 - 4:00am

This week, Her Campus caught up with Sarah Dear, who has just been elected next year’s Impact Editor-in-Chief. The job will see her juggle the 3rd year of her Philosophy degree and the full time role of running the magazine. Following in the footsteps of Antonia Paget and Emily Tripp, who shared the role of Editor-in-Chief this year, we wanted to know whether Sarah was looking forward to next year, or was apprehensive about taking control of such a successful student publication. Congratulations on being elected next year’s Impact Editor-in-Chief! What are you looking forward to most?  READ MORE

Trishna Daswaney - Charity Makeup Artist

By Samantha Carey
April 8, 2014 - 4:00am

Her Campus spoke to Trishna Daswaney, Management Studies student and Co-owner of KohlKreatives, a charitable hair and makeup company. We were lucky enough to have Trishna help us at our recent Fashion Party in aid of Coppafeel, and were intrigued to hear that she regularly gives a huge chunk of her profits to charity, as well as personally helping people with illnesses who want to feel a bit more comfortable in their own skin. Trishna told us about the charity side of her work and also let us delve in to her own makeup bag!   READ MORE

Kimberley Bond - Fashion Society President

By Clare Evans
April 1, 2014 - 8:00am

We know that many students here at Nottingham are crazy about fashion and working the latest catwalk trends to express their style and individuality. We spoke to 2nd year English student, Kimberley Bond, also known as the president of Fashion Soc! Kimberley let us in on the society’s recent trip to one of the biggest fashion centres – Paris – and her views on the fashion industry plus this season’s trends! What made you want to take on your role in the fashion society? READ MORE