Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Nottingham Celebrities

Study Break: An Interview With Bodhi

By paulaakpan
September 2, 2014 - 9:48am

Electronic music has reached an electrifying place. Many producers are constantly testing the boundaries by blending the sounds of groove, techno, bass, house, funk and countless other styles to create new and exciting musical forms, thrilling fans and inspiring other producers within the same genre. Bodhi, a DJ duo of Olly Howells and Luke Welsby, epitomise exactly this as they fuse dance music with groove and funk sound which has proved popular as ‘Imperfection’ reached nearly 650,000 plays on Soundcloud and their take on The xx’s ‘Angels’ was listened to just under 2,500,000 times. Her Campus caught up with them to learn a bit about their roots, their musical style and get an insight on upcoming projects....

Anna & Maddie - Founders of HC Nottingham!

By Sheetal Mistry
June 16, 2014 - 4:00am

As HC Nottingham reaches the end of its second amazing year, we couldn't help but feel a little nostalgic. This time last year we were saying goodbye to the girls who brought Her Campus to Nottingham - the founders and first ever co-editors, Anna Teale and Maddie Wilson. We wouldn't be here without them! A year on we caught up with them to share the memories and see what they've been up to!   How did you get involved with Her Campus in the first place? READ MORE

Robin & Bethan - Christian Society's New Exec

By Beth Rowland
May 26, 2014 - 4:00am

The end of the academic year means society committee elections! Her Campus caught up with Christian Society’s new President and Vice-President for 2014-15, Bethan and Robin!   How long have you been involved with NUCU? We actually met each other on the first night of Freshers Week at a CU event, and I suppose we've both been involved in NUCU in some way ever since!   Explain to us what your role(s) as President and Vice-President of NUCU will involve. READ MORE

Shenin Anowar - UoN's EPSA Delegate

By Jenine Tudtud
May 19, 2014 - 4:00am

Shenin Anowar is a first year Pharmacist student who is this year’s University of Nottingham’s delegate at the annual congress, known as European Pharmaceutical Student’s Association (EPSA), in Hungary. Picked as the representative for Nottingham and as one of the 5 British students there, Her Campus talked to her about her experience this year. So first of all, how does the EPSA work?                         READ MORE

Sarah Dear - Impact’s New Editor-in-Chief 2014-15

By Beth Rowland
May 12, 2014 - 4:00am

This week, Her Campus caught up with Sarah Dear, who has just been elected next year’s Impact Editor-in-Chief. The job will see her juggle the 3rd year of her Philosophy degree and the full time role of running the magazine. Following in the footsteps of Antonia Paget and Emily Tripp, who shared the role of Editor-in-Chief this year, we wanted to know whether Sarah was looking forward to next year, or was apprehensive about taking control of such a successful student publication. Congratulations on being elected next year’s Impact Editor-in-Chief! What are you looking forward to most?  READ MORE

Trishna Daswaney - Charity Makeup Artist

By Samantha Carey
April 8, 2014 - 4:00am

Her Campus spoke to Trishna Daswaney, Management Studies student and Co-owner of KohlKreatives, a charitable hair and makeup company. We were lucky enough to have Trishna help us at our recent Fashion Party in aid of Coppafeel, and were intrigued to hear that she regularly gives a huge chunk of her profits to charity, as well as personally helping people with illnesses who want to feel a bit more comfortable in their own skin. Trishna told us about the charity side of her work and also let us delve in to her own makeup bag!   READ MORE

Kimberley Bond - Fashion Society President

By Clare Evans
April 1, 2014 - 8:00am

We know that many students here at Nottingham are crazy about fashion and working the latest catwalk trends to express their style and individuality. We spoke to 2nd year English student, Kimberley Bond, also known as the president of Fashion Soc! Kimberley let us in on the society’s recent trip to one of the biggest fashion centres – Paris – and her views on the fashion industry plus this season’s trends! What made you want to take on your role in the fashion society? READ MORE

Alex Turner: UoNSU Education Officer Candidate 2014

By Samantha Carey
March 13, 2014 - 12:11pm

Our final interview with the SU candidates is Alex Turner, 3rd year Geography student from 'London/Essex', who is running for the role of Eduction Officer. We spoke to Alex about the changes he wants to see happen to education at UoN, the experience he's had to prepare him for this job, and a real-life encounter with Brangelina...     Tell us what’s involved in being Education Officer. READ MORE

Johnny Lawrence - SU Presidential Candidate 2014

By Samantha Carey
March 11, 2014 - 8:22pm

Her Campus were thrilled to finally meet Johnny Lawrence, SU Presidential Candidate 2014. Mostly because he proved difficult to pin down for an interview; in his words, Johnny ‘doesn’t really follow a plan’. The Psychology MSc student from Hextable, Kent talked to us in depth about the practicalities of some of his policies, revealed one that wasn’t even allowed on the manifesto, and opened up about his love life…     Can you tell us what’s involved in the role of President? READ MORE

Mike Abiodun Olatokun: SU Community Officer Candidate 2014

By Samantha Carey
March 11, 2014 - 2:24pm

Her Campus spoke to Mike Abiodun Olatokun, a third year Law student originally from Nigeria but now living in Birmingham, about his campaign for SU Community Officer 2014. He told us about his vast experience within the SU and wider community, and why this makes him the man for the job!     Tell us what’s involved in being Community Officer, in your opinion. READ MORE