Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Nottingham Celebrities

Emma and Beth: Women's Network Officers

By Amelia Bauer
October 14, 2014 - 4:00am

With a year of events being organised to support Nottingham's female students, Women's Officers Beth Searby and Emma Ehrenberg are going to be very busy ladies! Upcoming campaigns include a Body Confidence Week and encouraging women into leadership roles, so this was a great opportunity to get to know more about the girls and their plans. Emma and Beth So, what is the Women’s Network? READ MORE

The New Season, Vintage & Style: An Interview With Local Fashion Icon Roxanne Hudson

By Juliane Reuther
October 7, 2014 - 4:00am

Roxanne Hudson, commonly known as @trollcityrox on Instagram, is a 25-year-old fashion lover from Leicester. Roxanne knows how to keep her followers happy: signature pose, black messy bun and daily fashion fixes. She works in the cow vintage shop in George Street and it is the place to be when it comes to hot vintage cloths and accessories. In celebration of the autumn arriving I met Roxanne for a bit fashion chit chat at cow vintage's new season party! See what Roxanne thinks about vintage, pastels and finding your own style here:   READ MORE

Study Break: An Interview With Saint Raymond

By Paula Akpan
October 6, 2014 - 4:00am

At just 19, Callum Burrows, otherwise known as Saint Raymond, has been shaking up the acoustic music scene with his unique pop-influenced sound. Nottingham’s very own has supported the likes of Bruce Springsteen and HAIM but is now breaking out on his own, having completed a headline tour last year. His popularity is reflected in the number of Soundcloud plays his tracks have racked up, with ‘Young Blood’ reaching over 190,000, whilst ‘Brighter Days’ has impressively hit almost 370,000 listens. Her Campus caught up with him to find out a little bit more about his influences, his most memorable gigs and any plans for the future.   READ MORE

Malena Wong - Nottingham Blogger

By Jenine Tudtud
October 3, 2014 - 4:00am

With so much going on, first year can be overwhelming. Malena Wong, a 2nd year English student, shares her experiences and gives us insight in to how having all of these opportunities shaped her first year at University of Nottingham. From blogging for the local community at Dunkirk and Lenton Forum to sharing her own mishaps in her personal blog, Malena shows how her first year in Nottingham was unforgettable!
    Why did you get involved with Dunkirk and Lenton Forum? READ MORE

Study Break: An Interview With K Stewart

By Paula Akpan
September 29, 2014 - 4:00am

In a time where electronic music reigns supreme in the UK, K Stewart has worked this to her advantage, using a hybrid of house and R&B beats to support and compliment her powerful voice. Kate, who has performed as Bondax’s live vocalist and featured on TCTS’s track ‘Games’, is now breaking out as a solo artist. She showcases her vocal abilities with tracks like ‘Tell Me ‘Bout That’ and ‘Speechless’, both produced by Karma Kid. They received around 150,000 and 190,000 plays respectively, making her one to watch in the coming year.   READ MORE

Benjamin Sim Wei Ming – A Cappella Society

By Jenine Tudtud
September 25, 2014 - 4:00am

Freshers week may be over but it’s never too late to join societies! The Student Union is busting with new societies this year and we couldn’t help but notice one that may allow us to take our singing out of the shower (I’ll try and not belt out my rendition of “Don’t Stop Believin’” but I won’t make any promises). A Cappella is the University of Nottingham’s first ever A Cappella group and what better way to find out what they’ve got to offer than by chatting to their president, Benjamin Sim Wei Ming. READ MORE

Study Break: An Interview With Billon

By Paula Akpan
September 22, 2014 - 4:00am

London-based duo, Billon (Ed Butler and Robbie Lamond) have been on a steady upward rise with their eclectic sound which takes from garage, techno and house. Impressing the likes of Annie Mac, Skream and Mistajam, these Rinse-signed two show no signs of stopping anytime soon. Their latest track, Special, featuring Maxine Ashley, has reached over 100,000 plays on Soundcloud, whilst remixes of Ella Eyre and Yasmin have hit well over 220,000 listens each. Her Campus had a little timeout with them to find out more about Billon’s origins, what they’ve been up to over the summer and their feelings towards cats and dogs… READ MORE

Study Break: An Interview With Bodhi

By paulaakpan
September 2, 2014 - 9:48am

Electronic music has reached an electrifying place. Many producers are constantly testing the boundaries by blending the sounds of groove, techno, bass, house, funk and countless other styles to create new and exciting musical forms, thrilling fans and inspiring other producers within the same genre. Bodhi, a DJ duo of Olly Howells and Luke Welsby, epitomise exactly this as they fuse dance music with groove and funk sound which has proved popular as ‘Imperfection’ reached nearly 650,000 plays on Soundcloud and their take on The xx’s ‘Angels’ was listened to just under 2,500,000 times. Her Campus caught up with them to learn a bit about their roots, their musical style and get an insight on upcoming projects....

Anna & Maddie - Founders of HC Nottingham!

By Sheetal Mistry
June 16, 2014 - 4:00am

As HC Nottingham reaches the end of its second amazing year, we couldn't help but feel a little nostalgic. This time last year we were saying goodbye to the girls who brought Her Campus to Nottingham - the founders and first ever co-editors, Anna Teale and Maddie Wilson. We wouldn't be here without them! A year on we caught up with them to share the memories and see what they've been up to!   How did you get involved with Her Campus in the first place? READ MORE

Robin & Bethan - Christian Society's New Exec

By Beth Rowland
May 26, 2014 - 4:00am

The end of the academic year means society committee elections! Her Campus caught up with Christian Society’s new President and Vice-President for 2014-15, Bethan and Robin!   How long have you been involved with NUCU? We actually met each other on the first night of Freshers Week at a CU event, and I suppose we've both been involved in NUCU in some way ever since!   Explain to us what your role(s) as President and Vice-President of NUCU will involve. READ MORE