Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Nottingham Celebrities

Nick Hill

By Jenine Tudtud
November 1, 2014 - 2:00am

Guitarist of The Ages, Nick Hill is currently in his second year studying Computer Science at the University of Nottingham. With the growing success of the band (they’re already on iTunes and Spotify!), Her Campus Nottingham met up with Nick to talk about the band's music and what we can expect from them!   How did you get into music? READ MORE

Study Break: An Interview with Hannah Wants

By Paula Akpan
October 29, 2014 - 12:00pm

Birmingham DJ Hannah Wants is a well-known name within the house music circuit with her bass-heavy sound that takes from a wide assortment of musical genres such as garage and techno. Her powerful entry onto the scene has won her support from the likes of Annie Mac, Shadow Child, Eats Everything and countless others, as well as ensuring her a fortnightly slot on BBC Radio 1Xtra. Whilst first and foremost a DJ, Hannah has dabbled in producing, teaming with Chris Lorenzo to create well-received tracks such as ‘Rude Boy’ which has received over 1,000,000 listens on Soundcloud. Additonally, Hannah releases a bi-monthly mixtape, available for free downloaded on Soundcloud, which contains 20+ of her current favourite tracks, with each mixtape easily reaching...

Amy Hughes – TEDxUoN President

By Jenine Tudtud
October 24, 2014 - 1:00am

Amy Hughes, a 4th year International Relations student, is this year’s TEDxUoN’s president. Being in the “uni-bubble”, we often forget that there are important issues and ideas that need to be discussed. TEDx gives students opportunities to hear about these issues and ideas with the involvement of the local community, guest speakers at their big events and other students. Having come back from her year abroad, Amy also shares her experiences and how this has impacted her views on education.   What is TED?   READ MORE

Emma and Beth: Women's Network Officers

By Amelia Bauer
October 14, 2014 - 4:00am

With a year of events being organised to support Nottingham's female students, Women's Officers Beth Searby and Emma Ehrenberg are going to be very busy ladies! Upcoming campaigns include a Body Confidence Week and encouraging women into leadership roles, so this was a great opportunity to get to know more about the girls and their plans. Emma and Beth So, what is the Women’s Network? READ MORE

The New Season, Vintage & Style: An Interview With Local Fashion Icon Roxanne Hudson

By Juliane Reuther
October 7, 2014 - 4:00am

Roxanne Hudson, commonly known as @trollcityrox on Instagram, is a 25-year-old fashion lover from Leicester. Roxanne knows how to keep her followers happy: signature pose, black messy bun and daily fashion fixes. She works in the cow vintage shop in George Street and it is the place to be when it comes to hot vintage cloths and accessories. In celebration of the autumn arriving I met Roxanne for a bit fashion chit chat at cow vintage's new season party! See what Roxanne thinks about vintage, pastels and finding your own style here:   READ MORE

Study Break: An Interview With Saint Raymond

By Paula Akpan
October 6, 2014 - 4:00am

At just 19, Callum Burrows, otherwise known as Saint Raymond, has been shaking up the acoustic music scene with his unique pop-influenced sound. Nottingham’s very own has supported the likes of Bruce Springsteen and HAIM but is now breaking out on his own, having completed a headline tour last year. His popularity is reflected in the number of Soundcloud plays his tracks have racked up, with ‘Young Blood’ reaching over 190,000, whilst ‘Brighter Days’ has impressively hit almost 370,000 listens. Her Campus caught up with him to find out a little bit more about his influences, his most memorable gigs and any plans for the future.   READ MORE

Malena Wong - Nottingham Blogger

By Jenine Tudtud
October 3, 2014 - 4:00am

With so much going on, first year can be overwhelming. Malena Wong, a 2nd year English student, shares her experiences and gives us insight in to how having all of these opportunities shaped her first year at University of Nottingham. From blogging for the local community at Dunkirk and Lenton Forum to sharing her own mishaps in her personal blog, Malena shows how her first year in Nottingham was unforgettable!
    Why did you get involved with Dunkirk and Lenton Forum? READ MORE

Study Break: An Interview With K Stewart

By Paula Akpan
September 29, 2014 - 4:00am

In a time where electronic music reigns supreme in the UK, K Stewart has worked this to her advantage, using a hybrid of house and R&B beats to support and compliment her powerful voice. Kate, who has performed as Bondax’s live vocalist and featured on TCTS’s track ‘Games’, is now breaking out as a solo artist. She showcases her vocal abilities with tracks like ‘Tell Me ‘Bout That’ and ‘Speechless’, both produced by Karma Kid. They received around 150,000 and 190,000 plays respectively, making her one to watch in the coming year.   READ MORE

Benjamin Sim Wei Ming – A Cappella Society

By Jenine Tudtud
September 25, 2014 - 4:00am

Freshers week may be over but it’s never too late to join societies! The Student Union is busting with new societies this year and we couldn’t help but notice one that may allow us to take our singing out of the shower (I’ll try and not belt out my rendition of “Don’t Stop Believin’” but I won’t make any promises). A Cappella is the University of Nottingham’s first ever A Cappella group and what better way to find out what they’ve got to offer than by chatting to their president, Benjamin Sim Wei Ming. READ MORE

Study Break: An Interview With Billon

By Paula Akpan
September 22, 2014 - 4:00am

London-based duo, Billon (Ed Butler and Robbie Lamond) have been on a steady upward rise with their eclectic sound which takes from garage, techno and house. Impressing the likes of Annie Mac, Skream and Mistajam, these Rinse-signed two show no signs of stopping anytime soon. Their latest track, Special, featuring Maxine Ashley, has reached over 100,000 plays on Soundcloud, whilst remixes of Ella Eyre and Yasmin have hit well over 220,000 listens each. Her Campus had a little timeout with them to find out more about Billon’s origins, what they’ve been up to over the summer and their feelings towards cats and dogs… READ MORE