Campus Style: Mad for Plaid

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Name: Malika Grant

Year: 2

Course: Architecture

Her Campus loves: Plaid! From Primark to Zara you can find it everywhere – team with black ankle boots to look hawt in Hallward.

There are certain fashion staples all girls should own: the good ol’ LBD, a leather jacket, the plain white t-shirt and you can never, ever go wrong owning a pair of ballet pumps. I spotted the gorgeous Malika rocking one of my favourite wardrobe staples – the plaid shirt. With the return of 90s grunge, expect to see the plaid shirt popping up on the high street soon.

It’s pretty easy to dress the plaid shirt up or down, by teaming her Zara shirt with Topshop acid wash jeans, Malika looks uni chic, as well as practical for Notts’ horrible weather at the moment! As you all know, I am a major bag obsessive – it’s quite hard to find a bag that’s stunning and big, so this Topshop bag is a keeper! Malika looks amazing in this Topshop coat, the faux leather smartens and fur collaring smarten up an overall casual outfit. Loving her style as much as me? Malika’s go-to shop is Topshop!

Sheetal studied History at the University of Nottingham and was Campus Correspondent during her final year, before graduating in July 2014. She is currently jumping between jobs, whilst still writing for HC in her spare time. She may or may not be some of these things: foodie, book addict, world traveller (crazy dreamer!), lover of cheese, Australian immigrant, self-proclaimed photographer, wannabe dancer, tree hugger, lipstick ruiner, curly-haired and curious. She hopes for world peace and dreams that someday, cake will not make you fat.