Campus Style: Lovin’ Leather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Year: 1

Her Campus loves: Flats were everywhere on the Spring runways, to stay on trend pick up the ankle-strap flat – although it can be unflattering by cutting off your leg line, it’s simple and classy plus it is nice change from the standard ballet pump.

Don’t hang up your leather jackets yet ladies! As this first year proved, it will serve you well in spring. This cropped, ribbed sleeved jacket from Republic will look great with denim shorts (these are from Arc) or your go-to jeans. Leather jackets look good with most things! Her cosy knitted jumper softens up the look and what makes it even more fabulous is the fact that it’s from a charity shop. Charity shops are a great, cheap way to add to your spring wardrobe and help others. I recommend Oxfam and there are loads in Beeston! Her urban outfitters trainers would work with any look, the faux leather and fur lining makes her footwear not only versatile but ideal for those cold uni days. 

Sheetal studied History at the University of Nottingham and was Campus Correspondent during her final year, before graduating in July 2014. She is currently jumping between jobs, whilst still writing for HC in her spare time. She may or may not be some of these things: foodie, book addict, world traveller (crazy dreamer!), lover of cheese, Australian immigrant, self-proclaimed photographer, wannabe dancer, tree hugger, lipstick ruiner, curly-haired and curious. She hopes for world peace and dreams that someday, cake will not make you fat.