Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Nottingham Blog

What to Wear: Easter Weekend

By Kimberley Bond
April 19, 2014 - 4:00am

After that long slog of a term, we’ve finally been rewarded with the Easter holidays. Here are your fashion fixes for the bank holiday weekend!   Barbecue Party READ MORE

Top 10 Old and New Summer Tunes

By Esme Dee
April 11, 2014 - 4:00am

Spring has sprung, the clocks have changed and I do believe over the past few weeks we’ve had the odd hot day here in Notts so this week I thought I’d recommend a few new summer songs to get you in the mood for sun and fun and also revisit a few old school summer tunes.      Top 5 New Releases   5. Faul & Wad Ad vs. Pnau: Changes   This French electronic duo have made a great track for while you’re chilling in the garden – great brass section too so what more could you want?   READ MORE

Music Blog: Peace Out - and Why Indie's Still OK

By Naomi Upton
April 9, 2014 - 4:00am

I don’t really know where you’ve been if you haven’t heard of these guys. But no matter lost souls, Peace are back this year with the follow up to their debut album ‘In Love’. They’re a band representing a lot of good stuff: Birmingham (my home town), tie dye, wearing fur coats and not cutting your hair. Oh, and some really clever, melodic indie rock that’s so escapist you’ll wonder how they ever found the time to write any music down between being cool and…being really cool. READ MORE

A Hashtag, Some Selfies and a Kardashian - Not So Vogue

By Naomi Upton
April 8, 2014 - 4:00am

When the world’s most famous supermodel turns her nose up at the current Vogue issue, I think we have a problem. Naomi Campbell smirked and said, “I do not want to comment,” on Australia’s The Morning Show when asked about it - and a lot of people are on her side when it comes to discussing the issues surrounding the current cover. READ MORE

Top 20 Ways to Cheer Yourself Up

By Imogen Vance
April 6, 2014 - 6:00am

Sometimes when you’re feeling a little blue there are some great little ways to cheer yourself up that you never even thought of! So if you’re going through drama with a friend or things are getting on top of you, relax and have some ‘me’ time! Here are some tips to help you bounce back that don’t require too much effort or money!   READ MORE

Printic DIY

By Imogen Vance
April 5, 2014 - 5:00am

At HC Nottingham's fashion party we gave everyone three free Printic credits in our goody bags! Using the code on the back guests could download three free polariods (of themselves looking gorgeous on the night no doubt!) from the Printic phone app. There are some standard things to do with your Printic polariods such as creating a Photo album or sticking them up on the wall. Some people suggest making a whole wall full of Printics but if you are going to do that I'd suggest not using too many faces, as it can look overwhelming! At the moment I currently have a white board covered in Printics amongst my usual 6x4 photos, fridge magnets and old ticket stubs. READ MORE

Stealing Celebrity Street Style

By Sophie Dunne
April 4, 2014 - 4:00am

Every day we are bombarded with images of Celebrities looking amazing; it’s hard not to envy their jet-setting lifestyles. They are always well dressed and perfectly coiffed no matter how mundane a task they are taking part in. Most of us find ourselves wishing we could be like them and steal their fashionable wardrobes and stylists. If you want to change your look and channel your inner A-lister, here are some ways you can steal some of the best dressed Celebrities’ street style.   Miranda Kerr READ MORE

Nottingham's Own: Nick and Penny at the Olympics

By Lauren Carbran
April 3, 2014 - 4:00am

The British ice dancing pair came tenth in the Figure Skating in Sochi and are starting to stand out as future Olympic medalists. Lauren Carbran takes a look back at what happened… Girlfriend and boyfriend, Penny Coomes and Nick Buckland, glide in a Disneyesque style to “I Won’t Dance” by Fred Astaire at the Sochi Olympics. It’s mesmerising, partly because he looks like Prince Charming and she looks like Cinderella. Except, they don’t live in a castle - they live in Nottingham, and she would never leave a skate behind at the ice rink. READ MORE

Easy and Impressive Meals for When Family Come to Stay

By Helen Topham
April 2, 2014 - 4:00am

Around this time of the year a lot of family members are coming to visit just to see how you’re getting on and see to what the university is like. My brother paid me a visit this week; he got to have a little look around the campus but unfortunately didn’t stay long enough for me to cook for him. I don’t know about you, but the majority of my family members assume that because I am a student that I eat terribly; for example ready meals, takeaways and beans on toast, every night. Although I do eat those things on occasion, I prefer to cook myself a nice meal. So when family members do come to visit I like to try to dazzle them with my culinary skills. The main meals that I would recommend to make that don’t require too much effort yet will still impress them...

Sports Blog: Last of Lent

By Gabriella Block
April 1, 2014 - 2:42pm

Lent is slowly creeping to the end, which means you can finally indulge in everything you gave up; or in this case, you can stop doing 1-minute exercises each day (unless this ended after day one)... Here’s the final push with only twelve more to go:   1. Wall burpees – basically hell in one move. Put your legs on a wall, holding yourself up with your arms and jump moving your legs lower down on the wall and back up to a higher position, with the aim to keep your legs straight.   READ MORE