books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

The Best Coffee Shops in Nottingham for Studying

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Studying in the same old bedroom, or even at the library, can become a little monotonous at times. It’s always nice to explore new places and unleash your inner genius (with the added bonus of a good coffee on offer). I’ve put together a few of my go-to coffee shop picks of where I most like to study… Enjoy!

Wired

Described as the “best independent coffee shop in Nottingham,” Wired is a quirky coffee shop in the heart of Hockley. Together with its homely interior and old school ‘café’ music it has a great vibe (and if you’re not a fan of this kind of music you can always stick in a pair of headphones). It also has an extra seating area downstairs so you’re almost always guaranteed a spot.

42 Pelgam Street

Cafe Nero

There’s a handful of Café Nero’s in Nottingham, however, my personal favourite lies in the Market Square. They always have offers on for students; currently they’re offering 2-4-1 on hot drinks with the UNIDAYS app (valid until Halloween, so get there quick!). 18 Wheeler Gate

Costa Coffee

Titled the “nation’s favourite coffee shop” – it’s true that you can’t go wrong with a good old Costa coffee. This one, however, is located on the top floor of Waterstones – which is why I love it so much. Working in a coffee shop surrounded by books gives me that extra motivation I always long for (it’s definitely psychological, but if it works then who cares!). P.S. If you’re feeling a bit peckish, pick up their brie and bacon sourdough panini – it’s incredible!

1-5 Bridlesmith Gate

When you get that sudden urge to study somewhere new, why not give these coffee shops a try?  I guarantee that you’ll find yourself more motivated, productive and inspired.

Edited by: Amy Hawthorne

Images by: 

Keely Durham